What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® clear retainers are a popular alternative treatment for patients who prefer to have less metal than is generally used with traditional braces. The Invisalign® retainer system can straighten crooked teeth, remove gaps between teeth, and fix other minor cosmetic dental problems. The system is popular because it is comfortable and removable. With traditional braces, certain food items are not advised since they can easily damage your braces or get trapped between brackets or wires. Alternatively, with Invisalign® patients can continue to eat regularly without adjusting their diet since the retainer trays are taken out while eating. At Dr. Doug Crosby Orthodontics, we offer a wide range of treatment options to improve your smile, including Invisalign®, braces, retainers, and other orthodontic procedures. Together, we can help you determine the best treatment for you and get you on the road to a healthier, more beautiful smile.
Why is Invisalign® used?
Dr. Doug Crosby may recommend Invisalign® if you are suffering from one or more of the below cosmetic dental issues and are looking for an alternative to traditional metal braces:
- Gaps between your teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Overcrowded teeth
What does getting Invisalign® involve?
Getting Invisalign® is simple and easy. Just visit one of our Texas orthodontic offices for a complimentary Invisalign® consultation and we’ll get you started. Here’s a summary of the things you can expect when getting your Invisalign® clear braces:
- We perform an initial evaluation of your dental health and concerns, including:
- Checking overall dental and oral health
- Understanding your treatment goals and dental concerns
- Evaluating whether you’re a great candidate for Invisalign®
- Measuring your teeth and the areas that need improvement
- Once you’ve been approved as a great candidate for Invisalign® braces, we send all of your dental measurement information to the Invisalign® lab, where the actual retainers for your treatment are developed.
- Last, your orthodontist gives you the new retainers that you’ll wear throughout your Invisalign® treatment process. These are removable but you’ll need to make sure you wear them a certain amount of time every day to make sure the treatment works. You will also need to switch to a new tray routinely to move forward through your treatment.
- Your orthodontist will give you all the details you need before leaving your appointment. If you have any questions or problems during treatment, contact our Texas orthodontic office.
What are the benefits of using Invisalign®?
There are many benefits of choosing Dr. Doug Crosby Orthodontics for your Invisalign® treatment, which include:
- Improves the look of your smile
- Discrete repair of minor dental cosmetic issues
- Nearly invisible braces treatment
- Fits over your teeth without excessive bulk
- Smooth plastic retainer that fits comfortably
- Removable for eating or other activities
If you want to learn more about Invisalign®, contact Dr. Doug Crosby Orthodontics in Richardson and Dallas, Texas. We provide comprehensive orthodontic treatment options to ensure that all your needs are met. Our greatest goal is to help you get the beautiful smile you have always wanted. Our practice works with you every step of the way, beginning with a complimentary consultation. To schedule your orthodontic consultation, give us a call at 972-680-9882 or fill out the form on this page anytime.