When choosing St. John’s Wort, it’s best to go with a reputable brand that contains the right amount of Hypericin. As there are no known side effects to taking St. John’s Wort, it is safe for long term use – if recommended by a doctor of course. Most St. John’s Wort is taken in the form of tablets or capsules which can be bought from pharmacies or health food shops. You may also be able to buy St. John’s wort supplements from Amazon from reputable sellers on the site or over Google Shopping, but as you might expect, you should try to check out what other people are saying about it before you buy.
Best St John’s Wort Reviews
1. Healths Harmony St. John’s Wort
- Turn to St. John’s Wort: For centuries people have turned to St. john’s wort (commonly misspelled wart) for all the benefits it can provide. Now we know it contains a natural active chemical called Hypericin – and Healths Harmony’s high-potency formula provides 900mcg of hypericin in every serving.
- Quality and quantity: We keep servings simple with one capsule per serving and 120 capsules per bottle. There’s no nasty tincture to taste and no gritty pills, just potent extract standardized to 0.3% hypericin for optimal support.
- Manufactured to immaculate standards: We manufacture these non-gmo powder capsules in a GMP-certified facility right here in the USA using globally sourced ingredients. Our precision formulation means you can be sure that what’s listed on the bottle is what you actually get – every single time - nothing but pure St. john's wort and something to hold the capsule together.
- Order today: Try a full bottle of our St. john's wort and see for yourself the difference this natural mood helper can make to your day; click add to cart today!
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Unit Count||120.00 Count|
|Item Weight||2.4 Ounces|
Healths Harmony’s St. John’s Wort Capsules are currently 65% off. These capsules are formulated with St John’s Wort which contains a natural active chemical called Hypericin which helps balance brain chemistry. This herbal mental health aid also helps with mild depression and managing anxiety caused by stressful situations.
2. Eagleshine Vitamins St. John’s Wort 1200mg
- Extra Strength - St. John`s Wort 1200mg,180 counts, up to 60 days supply
- Premium Formulated - Sourced from the top grade quality ingredients from north America. St. john`s wort pills are made with pure st john's wort powder & st jon's wort extract in united states.
- Natural Herbal St Johns wort Supplement- Rich in hypericin which can support healthy mood and mind calming.
- Quality Ensured - Deal Supplement St Jonh's wort capsules are Gluten free, diary free, Non-GMO, No preservatives, No tree-nuts, No sugar, 3rd party tested
- Money Back Guarantee-60 days unconditional money back guarantee
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Our St. John’s Wort is at an extra strength dose of 1200mg St. John’s Wort extract per serving. Using top grade St. John’s Wort flower heads that come from North America.
One of the best ways to capture an ingredients purity is by using an extraction process. This method of obtaining the specific ingredient allows for a product that is higher in potency and more easily absorbed.
Overall Mental Clarity
St. John’s Wort is a natural herb that is shown to work in the body by supporting the brain in utilizing important internal substances. Overall providing aid to senses like our mood, emotions, and relaxation responses.
3. NOW Supplements, St. John’s Wort
- STANDARDIZED EXTRACT/0.3 PERCENT HYPERICIN: St. John's Wort has a long history of traditional use by herbalists dating back more than 2000 years.
- NON-GMO PROJECT VERIFIED/VEGAN CAPSULES: Take 1 capsule 3 times daily, preferably with food.
- CERTIFICATIONS/CLASSIFICATIONS: Non-GMO Project Verified, Kosher, Soy Free, Vegan/Vegetarian, Nut Free, Made without Gluten, Dairy Free, Egg Free
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
|Diet Type||Kosher, Vegan|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Unit Count||250 Count|
St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum) has a long history of traditional use by herbalists dating back more than 2000 years. Natural color variation may occur in this product.
Supplement Facts Serving Size: 1 Veg Capsule Servings Per Container: 250 Description Amount per Serving % Daily Value * Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.† Daily Value not established. St. Johns Wort Extract (Hypericum perforatum) (Herb) (min. 0.3% Hypericin) 300 mg† Other Ingredients: Cellulose (capsule), Rice Flour, Silica and Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source).
Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens. Caution: For adults only. Do not exceed 3 capsules daily, unless directed by a health care professional. Larger amounts may contribute to photosensitizing reactions (skin reddening) in the presence of strong sunlight or tanning beds. St. John’s Wort is known to interact with antidepressants, oral contraceptives, immunosuppressants, anticoagulants, anti-seizure, chemotherapeutic agents, and other prescription and over-the-counter medications.
Do not use this product while taking any medication or if you have a medical condition without the advice of your physician. Not for use by pregnant/nursing women. Keep out of reach of children. Do Not Eat Freshness Packet. Keep in Bottle. Natural color variation may our in this product. Store in a cool, dry place after opening. Please Recycle. Family owned since 1968.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. **Always refer to the manufacturer’s label on the product for description, recommended dose, and precautions.
4. Horbaach St Johns Wort Tincture
- UPLIFTING FLOWERS: St. John's Wort herb is known for it's plethora of nutrients
- POTENT EXTRACT: Horbaach's Alcohol-Free Liquid Extract is super concentrated for maximum support
- BOTANICAL BALANCE: Beneficial ingredient for promoting overall wellness*
- HORBAACH MANUFACTURERS: Laboratory Tested, Trusted Ingredients, Superior Quality, 100% Guaranteed!
- NATURALLY FREE OF: Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Milk, Lactose, Soy, Artificial Color & Flavoring & NON-GMO
What is St. John’s Wort? St Johns Wort or Hypericum Perforatum is a well-known flowering plant with a plethora of beneficial nutrients. The essence of this spring flower is captured by its bright-yellow, blooming vibrance. Its most exceptional nutrient, Hyperforin, is a phytochemical that promotes a variety of other health benefits.
How to get St. John’s Wort: There are many ways to add St John’s Wort to your routine. The most popular products available include Pills, Tablets, Essential Oil, Tea Leaf Bags, Root Powder, Chewable Gummies, Capsules and salve topical products like Infused Oil and Cream. About St. John’s Wort: Horbaach’s Alcohol-Free Liquid Extract is the best, super-concentrated supplement available. Each herbal tincture contains natural, plant supporting properties, made from nature.
Our vegetarian formula contains sugar-free and gluten-free drops that mix well with water. Fill your life with something sweet and add Horbaach’s St. John’s Wort to your collection of vitamins and supplements now!
5. Nutricost St John’s Wort Capsules
- 120 Vegetarian Capsules In Every Bottle
- 500mg of St Johns Wort Per Capsule
- St John’s Wort is the Only Active Ingredient
- Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Vegetarian Friendly, 3rd Party Tested
- Made in a GMP Compliant, FDA Registered Facility
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Unit Count||120 Count|
Nutricost’s capsules contain 500mg of St John’s Wort per capsule and each bottle contains 120 vegetarian capsules. Nutricost, located and headquartered in the USA, only uses the best ingredients to ensure maximum quality and to help you feel your best! By keeping our recipes simple and clean, you get the best experience possible with Nutricost. All Nutricost supplements are manufactured in a GMP-compliant and FDA-registered facility, provide high-quality ingredients, and offer a variety of options for your health support.
6. Nature’s Way St. John’s Wort Herb
- St. John’s Wort helps promote a positive mood.*
- We source St. John's Wort from the regions where it grows best, like Chile and Europe.
- Trusted quality. This product is Non-GMO Project Verified.
- Bottle made with 97% post-consumer recycled materials. Please recycle.
- Gluten-free and vegan. No salt, yeast-derived ingredients, wheat, soy, corn, dairy, or artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
|Special Ingredients||Plant-derived capsule (hypromellose), cellulose|
|Recommended Uses For Product||St. John’s Wort has been used for centuries to help promote positive moods. We source from the regions where it grows best, like Chile and Europe, where the soil is dry, and the cooler climate makes for perfect growing conditions. St. John’s Wort has been used for centuries to help promote a positive mood.* We source from the regions where it grows best, like Chile and Europe.|
|Unit Count||180 Count|
St. John’s Wort extract has been one of the most popular herbal products in Europe – and for good reason – it promotes a positive mood.† The extract used in this product is a highly-concentrated extract of St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum) leaves and flowers.
Before you buy a St. John’s wort supplement, here’s what you should know
What is the meaning of St. John’s wort?
St. John’s wort is a medicinal herb that has long been used as a natural remedy for mild sadness and anxiety. St. John’s wort’s natural active ingredients help to balance brain chemistry by increasing serotonin levels in the brain. St. John’s wort provides a number of health benefits, including liver detoxification, scar prevention, and relief from the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and menopause.
Is St. John’s Wort effective in the treatment of depression?
St. John’s wort aids in the treatment of mild depression. It is not, however, advised for the treatment of severe depression. Hyperforin, a natural substance found in the herb, helps to normalize brain chemistry. Low levels of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine are common in people with mild depression. In the brain, St. John’s wort increases these.
What other use does St. John’s wort have?
St. John’s wort is effective in treating PMS and menopause symptoms, as well as mild depression, and it has additional skin health advantages.
St. John’s wort has been demonstrated to help with PMS and menopausal symptoms such as mood swings, headaches, and lethargy. The PMS pill works by balancing neurotransmitters like serotonin to fight the psychological impacts of hormonal imbalances.
St. John’s wort contains antioxidants that have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects, which help to promote skin health. The plant has been shown in studies to help relieve skin irritation and reduce scarring when applied topically.
What should you look for in a good St. John’s wort supplement
St. John’s wort supplements are available in tablet form, capsule form, tea form, tincture form, and topical lotion form. If you have difficulties swallowing or taking pills, a tincture, which is applied orally beneath your tongue, is an excellent alternative. There are no definitive research on St. John’s wort’s efficacy as a topical lotion.
Ingredients that are organic
Supplements containing St. John’s wort derived from organic and responsibly farmed natural herbs are thought to be safer than non-organic equivalents. It is manufactured without the use of pesticides, chemicals, or synthetic materials. Check the supplement’s label to be sure the ingredients came from reputable, organic farms.
Pills for vegetarians
Gelatin, an animal-derived substance, is included in some capsules. If you’re a vegetarian or vegan, check the supplement’s ingredient list to be sure no gelatin was used.
Side effects and safety
Natural herbs have the potential to interact with other drugs and cause unpleasant side effects. Fatigue, dizziness, restlessness, dry mouth, headaches, and feelings of bewilderment are all common side effects of St. John’s wort. Because St. John’s wort may influence your skin’s susceptibility to light, use an SPF 15 or higher if you have sun-sensitive skin.
If you’re on prescription medicine, talk to your doctor before attempting St. John’s wort, according to Mayo Clinic. Talk to your doctor right away if you’re thinking about self-harming. In the treatment of severe depression, St. John’s wort is ineffective.
St. John’s wort should not be taken by women who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or who are breastfeeding.
FAQs: Best St John’s Wort
What strength of St John’s wort is recommended?
For depression, some clinical trials in adults have used 300 milligrams of St. John’s wort (of 0.3% hypericin extract) taken three times a day for up to 6 months. After the initial treatment, some people choose to go on a lower maintenance dose of 300 milligrams to 600 milligrams of St.John’s worth per day.
How do you pick St John’s wort?
St. John’s wort is best harvested and used when it is in full bloom and still fresh, but it is ok if some of the flowers have dried a bit on the stalk. If you crush the flower buds between your fingers and see a red substance (that’s hypericin, the main medicinal constituent), then it is prime for harvesting.
How long before St John’s wort starts working?
As with other antidepressant medication, the herbal remedy may take up to four weeks to exert an effect. St John’s wort should not be taken in combination with other prescription drugs, including antidepressants. If you are taking other medication, check with your GP first.
Does St John’s wort spread?
Common St. Johnswort spreads both by underground rhizomes, above-ground creeping stems and by seeds that are dispersed by wind and animals. One plant can produce up to 15,000 to 34,000 seeds per year that are viable for up to 30+ years.
What supplements should not be taken with St John’s wort?
John’s wort with antidepressants may lead to too-high levels of serotonin in your body, which can result in serious side effects including muscle rigidity and seizures. St. John’s wort may also make other medicines less effective, such as birth control pills, some HIV drugs, and blood thinners like Warfarin.
To sum it all up, St John’s Wort is a good option for those looking for an herbal remedy for major depressive disorder. More research is warranted to better determine its specific uses and effectiveness for this purpose. However, it has been shown to be beneficial for long-term mood maintenance. Taking 900mg three times a day, as recommended in our top pick, is more therapeutic than taking a smaller dose. It is also less expensive than prescription antidepressants and doesn’t come with the harsh side effects of these drugs. As always, be sure to consult your doctor before changing your medication or treatment plan.