Maca Root is a wonderful supplement that can help boost the immune system, improve hormone balance (especially in women), and boost fertility (in both men and women). However, a lot of Maca products on the market have additives that can have a negative impact on your health. That’s why you should find as pure a powder as possible. There aren’t many companies out there who will tell you if their Maca is organic or not, but there are some options out there. Our goal with this post is to help you find a potent and effective the best Maca powder that fits into your budget but also meets all your health needs.
What is maca powder?
Maca is a turnip-like root vegetable that grows at high altitudes in the Peruvian Andes Mountains. The root of this vegetable, when dried and crushed, gives nutritional benefits such as essential amino acids, iron, copper, magnesium, and zinc. Maca root is high in omega-3 fatty acids and contains vitamins B1, B2, C, and E, all of which help to enhance brain function.
Best Maca Powder Reviews
1. Anthony’s Organic Maca Root Powder
- USDA Certified Organic Gelatinized Maca Root Powder
- Batch Tested and Verified Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Vegan
- No Preservatives or Artificial Ingredients
- Made from Gelatinized Maca - easier to digest and absorb than non-gelatinzed
- Perfect for blending into your drinks, smoothies, baking, and more!
Maca is a root that offers a wide variety of health benefits. It’s full of vitamins, minerals, beneficial fatty acids, and antioxidants. Anthony’s Gelatinized Maca Root Powder is organic for a high-quality product that is a great way to add pure nutrition to any recipe you desire. The flavor goes well with chocolate, fruit, green tea, and more. Our Gelatinized Maca is easier to digest and absorb than non-gelatinized.
From the Mountains of Peru we present Maca root – it has been used by the indigenous to that region due to it’s claimed health benefits like improving skin complexion, increasing energy, and being rich in vitamins. Chalk full of amino acids, plant sterols, essential minerals, and essential fatty acids – our Organic Maca Root Powder gives off a malted taste, reminiscent of toasted oats and butterscotch – it is a flavor that can be used in a variety of recipes.
Though there are no serious known side effects of Maca, like any other supplement, it should not be taken in large amounts.
Organic and non-GMO
Anthony’s Maca Root Powder is organic, and organic is always non-GMO.
Maca can be beneficial for energy levels and overall mood. It’s a great superfood to take before a hard workout.
Source of vitamins and nutrients
Many plant-based nutrients such as B vitamins, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and more can be found in maca.
Maca is an adaptogen, which means it can help the body restore and balance itself. Because of this, it’s great for hormone balance, mental clarity, and more.
2. Sunfood Superfoods Maca Root Powder
- INGREDIENTS: 100% Certified Organic Maca Root Powder. No fillers, Additives or Preservatives
- STORY OF ORIGIN: Grown at a high elevation in its native habitat in the Peruvian Andes, our Sunfood Maca Powder is simply made by grinding sun-dried roots into a fine powder.
- HIGHEST QUALITY PROMISE: Sunfood has a reputation for providing consumers with the best quality, highest nutritional profile superfoods available on the market. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase for any reason, please contact Sunfood for a full refund or replacement.
- SUGGESTED USE: Add 1 serving of Maca Powder to a smoothie, or try in your favorite recipe. Mix it into teas, nut milks, coffee, protein drinks, or just about any natural beverage you can think of. Maca is also a great addition to dessert creations, homemade jams, broths and puddings. Maca has an unusual relationship with cacao nibs and all cacao products in general. Mix maca into all your favorite chocolate treats and experience real culinary magic.
- PREMIUM PACKAGING: Sunfood uses a unique specially designed pouch with a 100% UV, oxygen, and moisture proof barrier. This maximizes freshness and taste for much longer than other brands.
|Recommended Uses For Product||Boost Energy|
|Diet Type||Gluten Free|
Maca is a root vegetable grown in the Peruvian Andes at elevations of 14,000 feet. Maca is one of the few plants that can grow in such a harsh and inhospitable climate. It was sacred to the Incas and has been used as a food and medicine in South America for centuries. It is well known for its ability to help enhance strength and endurance. In fact, Incan warriors would often consume maca before long journeys and battles. Today’s athletes are confirming what history has to say about this incredible superfood.
Maca is an adaptogenic herb known for its ability to help the body adapt to stress factors, support hormone balance, provide natural energy and increase athletic performance
Our maca is grown only at high elevations in Peru, in areas untouched by pollution where it is sun-dried and low-temperature processed into a fine powder. Inferior maca products are grown at lower elevations and processed at higher temperatures. Sunfood maca powder has a unique nutty flavor that goes well with sweet or savory dishes.
Authentic Peruvian Maca
Sunfood only purchases and sells 100% authentic Peruvian Maca from the Junín Plateau and will never purchase or sell maca grown in China.
Organic food is produced without using harmful or toxic pesticides, sewage sludge or petroleum-based synthetic fertilizers, genetically modified organisms (GMOs), bioengineering, or ionizing radiation.
This product has been verified to be absent of GMOs. Sunfood does not support the use of GMOs.
All Sunfood products, including those that are not certified organic, are sourced to be free of GMOs.
VEGAN / PLANT-BASED
This product is made entirely from plant-based ingredients. No animal products are used at any point in the manufacturing process, and none of our products are ever tested on animals.
Sunfood and its suppliers comply with a strict policy of kosher food laws, including cleanliness, purity and quality.
We are currently certified by Earth Kosher.
3. 365 by Whole Foods Market, Maca Raw Organic
- Brought to you by Whole Foods Market. When it comes to innovative flavors and products sourced from artisans and producers around the world, the Whole Foods Market brand has you covered. Amazing products, exceptional ingredients, no compromises.
- 100% Maca Powder - No additives. Grown at high elevations & low-temperature processed.
- Does not contain artificial colors, artificial flavors, or artificial preservatives.
- Supports healthy energy & vitality.
- Certified Organic, Certified Kosher, Certified Vegan.
|Brand||365 by Whole Foods Market|
|Diet Type||Gluten Free|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Unit Count||1 Count|
365 by Whole Foods Market products give you that dance-down-the-aisles feeling. Our huge range of choices with high-quality ingredients at prices you can get down with makes grocery shopping so much more than tossing the basics in your cart. It’s the splurgiest way to save.
Our basics are anything but. You won’t find hydrogenated oils or FD&C colors in our products — just quality staples with nothing to hide.
Body Care You Can Bank On
We’ve banned over 100 typically used ingredients from our bodycare products. Sayonara, benzalkonium chloride.
There’s an Organic for That
We’ve got organics and non-GMO products at prices that won’t burn a hole in your favorite pants. In fact, they’ll turn into boogie-on-aisle-six pants.
Awesomeness on Every Aisle
Whole grains, fair trade coffee, organic milk, frozen veggies and so much more, all flexing with our unmatched Whole Foods Market Quality Standards.
4. Andean Star Organic Maca Powder
- FUEL THE BODY - Need an extra push to power through your intense workout? Go the extra mile with our Maca powder’s energy and endurance boosting nutrients. Finally, a superfood that lets you finish strong.
- Our organic Maca powder is rich in protein. Ideal to mix it with your favorite after gym smoothie.
- HEALTHIER DIET - Maca is a powerful adaptogen, which are plants that boost the body with essential minerals such as iron and calcium--a guilt-free ingredient that fits your meal plan.
- 100% Organic - 100% Natural - Fresh from our farm to your table - Natural and Healthy Superfood - USDA Approved - GMO Free - Farm Grown - 100% Pesticide Free.
- Maca root is rich in natural antioxidants.
|Unit Count||16.0 Ounce|
|Item Weight||16 Ounces|
Finding the necessary ingredients with all the nutrients you need to conquer the day is a challenge. Furthermore, many supplements leave a lot to be desired in terms of taste, which makes proper nutrition even more difficult and an unpleasant experience. Why settle for the bare minimum when you can have the nourishment you need in just one tasty teaspoon? Andean Star Organic Maca Powder gives you the nutrition you need while enhancing the flavor of your food.
Ancient civilizations and traditional medicine practitioners have used Maca for centuries to improve vitality, and mood. Each pack of our organic Maca root powder hails straight from the Andes mountains, ensuring genuine quality and potency.
All our ingredients are ethically sourced, and a portion of each purchase supports Happy Little Feet, our non-profit that helps impoverished children in our local community of Lima, Peru.
PHYSICAL, COGNITIVE AND MENTAL WELL-BEING
Maca is a potent adaptogen. These natural substances are known for their abilities to alleviate tension and help your body adapt to stress. Our Maca powder normalizes the effect of your bodily processes while helping your body fight damaging free-radicals.
The Maca root contains plant compounds called flavonoids, which have shown mood boosting-properties. Plus, Maca can help keep your brain and memory sharp, according to studies.
ENERGY BOOST WITHOUT THE CRASH
Many energy-boosting supplements and drinks can deliver the energy, but leave you to crash and burn. Maca powder powers you through the day natural way–no come-down, lethargy, or exhaustion after the energy fades away. This property is what makes Maca powder a popular superfood among bodybuilders and athletes, who use the ingredient to get much needed energy-boosting carbohydrates and muscle-building protein without the side-effects.
Maca powder has been found to boost energy and helps stabilize your moods the natural, organic way.
EASY TO INCORPORATE INTO MEALS
Now’s your chance to cook great-tasting meals while enjoying all the benefits of Maca root powder. The powder’s nutty and malty taste goes well with your coffee, pancakes, waffles, and oatmeals.
Feel like baking? Try putting our Maca powder in your cookie and bread dough. You can even complement your Maca-infused dishes, smoothie, and protein shakes with a dash of cinnamon!
5. Pure Natural Miracles PNM Maca Powder Organic for Women & Men
- Premium Peruvian organic maca root powder from superior grade non gmo, potent large roots, grown in mighty Andean elevations above 14,000 feet in the rich soil of Junin, Peru; best Incan warrior relief super food to sustain and increase energy, vigor, stamina, circulation, vitality, wellness, holistic healing, longevity, memory plus mental clarity
- Adaptogenic qualities of this complex meal replacement, macaroot helps your body adapt to stress, mood swings and anxiety, counteracts physical fatigue and is favored among health enthusiasts for it's performance and recuperating abilities, also one of the best anti aging supplements and superfoods for seniors
- 100% wildcrafted raw maca, fair trade, natural, lepidium meyenii, made from dried yellow, red and black maca roots, known to be great for female hormonal imbalance, this pre and post gym workout, salt and sodium free herbal energizer, benefits and balances hormones for both man and women
- Versatile kitchen ingredient; use this whole food nutritional booster in baked goods; make healthy diet snack bars, blend in breakfast smoothies, juice, cacao vegetal protein shakes, coffee, latte, golden milk, tea, cocoa flavored gourmet desserts, chocolate or lucuma ice cream, oatmeal, cereal, green sports drinks, cooking, baking or mix in salad dressings as thickener
- Vegan, USDA certified organic maca powder extract; free from pesticides and impurities; every batch is tested, guaranteed to boost and perform; try this power packed, plant-based, vegetarian, nutrient dense malty magic for recovery, enhancement and relaxation; satisfaction guaranteed; order this natures maca organica en polvo now
|Special Ingredients||Organic Maca Root Powder|
|Brand||Pure Natural Miracles|
|Diet Type||Vegetarian, Vegan|
|Unit Count||16 Ounce|
Like our company name implies, our purpose is to provide pure, natural, premium, organically grown superfoods that provide nourishment, enhance strength, energy and overall health at a great price. Everybody desires and deserves to be healthy and active and we at Pure Natural Miracles stand behind our quality products 100%.
We are real people who use our own products daily; we expect the best for our family and want the same for yours. We help others as well as ourselves acquire high quality and fresh health foods that lead to vitality and longevity.
Traditionally, maca has been used as a natural energy booster to increase strength and endurance, to stimulate balanced hormone production and improve moods. It is known to combat the unpleasant effects of menopause, hot flashes and slow down the aging process, as it helps the body adapt to stress. It is also known to benefit those with osteoporosis, bone disorders and anemia.
Pure, Potent and Power-packed:
Our Raw Organic Maca Root Powder is a blend of about 55% yellow/gold, 25% red/pink and 20% black/purple organic maca roots. It is rich in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sulfur and iron and contains trace minerals including zinc, iodine, copper, selenium, bismuth, manganese and silicon.
Incan Food Supplement:
Maca is one of the GREAT Natural Incan Food Supplements in the World:
Especially good for athletes, sports enthusiasts and those who exercise. Maca root powder is known to support the immune system with a wide variety of nutrients, antioxidants and plant sterols. This powdered maca root is packed with minerals, amino acids, vitamins, phenols, dietary fiber and other components.
Maca’s health benefits are extremely important in the current climate of an accelerated life-style, stress and carelessness with respect to balanced nutrition and immunity. It helps the body restore and balance itself.
6. OMG! Superfoods Organic Maca Powder
- Need a little help boosting your mid-day energy levels? Maca is known for its fascinating nutritional, energizing, and strengthening powerhouse root that grows wild in the Peruvian Andes with a lot of benefits, such as, increasing energy, stamina, and physical strength. It now passes its strength on to you. Add it to your drink of choice and feel the power!
- Source of Calcium, Iron, Potassium & more!
- So many wellness companies demand perfection, but we only expect that from our ingredients. Go from where you are to where you want to be!
- Certified Organic and Kosher
- Upcycling: We also believe that it is ot enough just to take care of ourselves, if not those around us, including our planet. This is why we must mention that our OMG packaging is reusable, get creative!
|Brand||OMG! Organic Meets Good|
|Material Feature||Certified Organic, Kosher Certified|
|Item Weight||0.5 Pounds|
|Unit Count||16.0 Ounce|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||3.11 x 3.11 x 5.2 inches|
OMG! Superfoods Maca is 100% pure powder, sourced and produced in Peru. It can help to increase energy, stamina and physical strength, making it a well-rounded addition to your wellness regimen. Its most powerful benefits include its ability to provide a healthy source of calcium and other essential nutrients for the body, including iron and potassium. It is perfect for adding to smoothies, juices and other cold beverages.
At OMG we believe that healthy changes don’t happen overnight, don’t worry if you’re not where you want to be yet. We are not going to lie to you, the journey isn’t easy, step by step, day by day, and you my friend, will get there. We are here to help you every step of the way.
A journey to a better you
Everyone has a different path leading to a healthier lifestyle but trust us when we say that you’re on the correct one, you are here looking for change, to feel your true self for once and for all.
10 years of OMG and many more to come!
Just going to put it out there… We’ve spent over 10 years sourcing the most nourishing superfoods on the planet so you can add it to your day without a second thought.
Take a leap of faith!
With the help of our powerful superfood blends and single ingredients, they will fuel your body with all the natural goodness. Your overall health will love you for it, you will feel super from the inside and look great on the outside.
7. Antler Farms – 100% Pure Organic Raw Maca Powder
- 100% PURE - Antler Farms Raw Maca is 100% pure, certified organic maca root powder. It is vegan, gluten free and non-GMO with no added colors, flavors, sweeteners, fillers or preservatives.
- CONCENTRATED NUTRITION - Antler Farms Raw Maca is harvested at 9 months, at the peak of potency. Our maca is loaded with amino acids, phytonutrients, fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamin and minerals, as well as unique compounds called macaenes and macamides.
- GROWN IN PERU – Our maca is grown outdoors in Peru, on the Junin Plateau, regarded as the ultimate destination for maca farming. The world’s highest quality and most potent maca is harvested here in the Andes Mountains.
- COLD PROCESSED - Our maca is sundried and minimally processed, which maintains the nutritional integrity of the product. Our cold processing ensures that all the beneficial nutrients stay bioactive and intact.
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC - Antler Farms Raw Maca is 100% pure, certified organic.
Our RAW Organic Maca Powder is an Andean root vegetable that grows exclusively in the mountains of Peru. It has been revered for centuries for its ability to increase strength, stamina and energy levels. In fact, it is said to be one of the most nutritious vegetables on earth! Antler Farms Raw Organic Maca Powder offers a concentrated source of protein and essential amino acids (including lysine), vitamins and minerals, fatty acids, dietary fiber, carbohydrates, phytonutrients, antioxidants and unique compounds called macaenes and macamides.
Grown in Peru
Our maca is grown outdoors in the Andes Mountains of Peru, regarded as the ultimate destination for maca farming. The world’s highest quality and most potent maca is harvested here.
Our maca is sundried and minimally processed, which maintains the nutritional integrity of the product. Our cold processing ensures that all the beneficial nutrients stay bioactive and intact.
Antler Farms Raw Maca is harvested at the peak of potency. Loaded with amino acids, phytonutrients, fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamin and minerals, macaenes and macamides.
Antler Farms Raw Maca is 100% pure, certified USDA organic maca root powder. It is vegan, gluten free and non-GMO with no added colors, flavors, sweeteners, fillers or preservatives.
8. Healthworks Maca Powder Raw
- PREMIUM RAW, ORGANIC MACA SUPER ROOT POWDER: Healthworks Maca Powder is sustainably grown and harvested in Peru. Also known as Peruvian Ginseng, our Maca Super Root Powder is keto-friendly, vegan, non-GMO, and certified organic. No added preservatives or artificial ingredients.
- MANY BENEFITS & NUTRIENTS: A nutrient dense plant-based antioxidant Superfood that is high in Essential Amino Acids, Vegetal Protein, Fiber, Vitamin C, B Vitamins, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Copper, Manganese and Fatty Acids. Sugar & Cholesterol Free. Maca Super Root powder provides a nice natural energy boost without the crash or jitters found in caffeine.
- HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE & COUNTLESS USES: Healthworks Maca Powder/Flour is a perfect addition to smoothies/drinks, juices, cereals, yogurt, oatmeal, baked goods, baking cookies, ice-cream, trail mix, granola bars, soups, coffee and snack foods. Raw, Juicing, Vegan, Paleo, Keto, Clean Eating, Wellness, Active, Biohacking, Life Hacking, Yoga, Spiritual, Blending, Non-GMO, Plant Based.
- RICH HISTORY: Revered for many centuries by Inca warriors and a valuable staple in many ancient diets, Healthworks Organic Maca/Macao Powder is a powerful addition to any lifestyle.
- OUR MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: 100% Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee, No Questions Asked! We will offer a 30-day money back guarantee on any product you have purchased from HEALTHWORKS directly.
|Special Ingredients||Almond Flour|
|Recommended Uses For Product||Weight Loss|
Healthworks Raw Organic Unsweetened Maca Powder is grown from a partnership with small farmers right from the source in Peru to ensure the purest and highest quality root powder. Healthworks Maca Powder is certified organic, pure, all-natural, vegan, dairy-free and kosher.
Our Maca Root Powder is raw to ensure maximum nutrient absorption. Used as a powerful nutritional staple by the Peruvians for thousands of years, Healthworks Peruvian Maca Powder contains Protein, Fiber, Vitamin C, B Vitamins, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Copper, Manganese and Fatty Acids. Maca Powder is known to have a strong nutty or malty flavor, which can feel overwhelming at first. Like any new taste, it can take a little time to get comfortable with a new strong flavor.
It is important to start out by using ½ teaspoon, and only increasing use if you feel comfortable. Healthworks Maca Powder can be added to your smoothies or juices, which can help soften the taste. The Maca Super Root Powder can also pair well with sweeter fruits to help ease the strong flavor.
Great with smoothies/drinks, cereals, yogurt, oatmeal, energy balls, baked goods, cookies, ice-cream, trail mix, granola bars, coffee and snack foods. Healthworks Raw Organic Maca Super Root Powder also goes very well with Healthworks Cacao Powder, Chia Seeds, Cacao Nibs and Goji Berries. Ingredients: Lepidium Meyenii
Before you buy maca powder, there are a few things you should know
There are two main forms of maca powder to choose from, each with its own set of advantages.
Raw maca powder: is made from a maca root that has been dried or dehydrated before being processed into a powder. This version contains all of the nutrients listed above, as well as sugars and carbohydrates. The raw powder contains more important elements including enzymes and vitamin C. If you have a sensitive stomach or intestinal problem, you should avoid this type of powder. If a buyer has a medical problem or is pregnant and nursing, they should talk to their doctor about the benefits.
Maca powder that has been gelatinized: This product has been cooked to remove all of the starch. People who avoid gelatin for humane, religious, or food allergy reasons can still enjoy gelatinized maca powder because it does not include gelatin. Those with sensitive stomachs like this variety of maca since it is simpler to digest. It does, however, contain fewer vitamins and minerals because it is not in its original state. Furthermore, gelatinized maca powder is more bioavailable, implying that it has a physiological effect.
The maca powder’s hue has a lot to do with how it helps different regions of the body. All of them contain a variety of critical vitamins and minerals that aid in the development of a healthy defense system in various sections of the body. Pink maca is also possible, but it is quite rare.
The most common kind of maca is yellow maca powder, which accounts for 60% of all maca harvested. This color gives the body more energy and makes it easier to concentrate.
Red maca powder is the second most commonly harvested form of maca powder. This color is supposed to help with hormone balance and conception.
Black maca powder is the major component of the leftover maca crops. When the user is active, this hue helps to increase muscle mass and endurance.
Maca powder is only naturally grown at high elevations in the Peruvian Andes Mountains. Purchasing maca powder grown elsewhere runs the danger of receiving a non-organic counterfeit with the potential for contamination in order to make the product look like true Peruvian maca powder. As a result, if you’re looking for sustainable and organic maca powder, look for one from Peru.
What should you look for in a good maca powder?
A decent maca powder will be organically certified and free of dangerous chemicals and herbicides. These herbicides are frequently sprayed on crops, and the method is not environmentally friendly. Organic food naturally tastes fresher due to the lack of preservatives used in the packing process, regardless of the health risks these chemicals may provide.
Maca has adaptogenic properties. This implies it protects the body from the effects of stress, anxiety, and depression. Some people think of it as a jitter-free alternative to coffee because it gives them a similar energy boost without being a stimulant.
What can you expect to pay for maca powder?
Maca powder comes in a variety of price points. Maca made at a low cost can be found for $6-$10 on the market. Customers can get all-natural, organic ingredients and a variety of sorts with mid-range maca powder in the $15-$18 price range. Premium maca powder costs $20-$30 and contains all of the best long-term health benefits.
When calculating the value of a product, it’s crucial to consider how many ounces it contains. A maca supplement with fewer ounces will be less expensive.
FAQs About Maca Powder
Does maca powder contain lead?
Maca powder does contain traces of lead and other metals. If the lead has been found in the specific product you are purchasing, a warning label will detail this on the packaging. Those who have health issues or are pregnant and nursing should reach out to their doctor for more information before consuming.
Which is better black maca or yellow maca?
In ancient traditions, red maca is considered feminine – and supported female sexual health. Black maca is considered masculine – and supports male sexual health. Yellow maca is considered the best maca for daily consumption by both sexes.
Is maca powder a stimulant?
Maca acts as a stimulant, but it does not contain any actual stimulants like coffee does. Maca has been reported to stabilize blood glucose levels, which is why consumers’ energy can increase after consuming the product.
The best maca powder is definitely a product worth trying, especially if your goal is a healthy lifestyle. It can be applied to all sorts of diets, from vegetarian to vegan to raw-food diets, as well as being a good addition for those who enjoy consuming various types of supplements. The powder itself has numerous benefits beyond its basic nutritional value as an amino acid and adaptogen.