What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an alternative to metal braces. Invisalign involves wearing a series of custom-made clear plastic aligners that help shift your teeth into the proper position. While Invisalign isn’t totally invisible, it’s a transparent, functional and aesthetic option that realigns the teeth without the obvious appearance of conventional braces.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
Clear aligners have many benefits including:
- Better Oral Hygiene: Conventional braces can’t be removed for teeth cleaning every day, but Invisalign aligners can. Better oral hygiene means fewer cavities and gum disease in the future. Once your teeth are straightened, you can easily get in between each tooth to floss and get rid of plaque and bacteria.
- Speed: In many cases, Invisalign can be faster than conventional braces since they can straighten teeth as fast as a year.
- Comfort: Since there are no wires or sharp corners that conventional braces have, Invisalign can be more comfortable.
- Time: With Invisalign, you are able to make fewer orthodontic visits compared to conventional braces.
- Teen Option: Invisalign Teen is an alternative treatment option for teenagers who want a subtle choice that effectively corrects cosmetic dental problems.
Both general dentists and orthodontists can prescribe Invisalign, but an orthodontist is a specialist with the training and experience in moving and adjusting teeth.
Services Dr. Doug Crosby Provides
Dr. Doug Crosby Orthodontics is a top go-to, Invisalign provider in Dallas, Texas and its surrounding areas.
We are a full-service orthodontics practice. Our additional treatment options include:
- Two-phase treatment to address the unique needs of children
- OrthoPulse – light accelerated orthodontics
- Orthodontic surgeries
- Early orthodontic treatments
- Adult orthodontic treatments
It’s our goal to help you find the best treatment option for you or your child that brings out the healthiest and most beautiful smile possible. We give our patients the highest level of quality service through the delivery of excellent Orthodontic care.