Given glucosamine and chondroitin have achieved significant prominence as a means of combating joint pain and stiffness, you may be wondering what supplements are the best. This supplement hasn’t been popular or accepted in the scientific community for very long. That’s why we did the work for you and landed on these five excellent options. To help you make informed decisions about which products are best for your needs, here is a list of the five best glucosamine chondroitin supplements on the market today.
Our 5 Favorite Glucosamine Chondroitin
Best Glucosamine Chondroitin In 2022
1. Doctor’s Best Glucosamine Chondroitin Msm with OptiMSM Capsules
|Specific Uses For Product||Healthy joint function|
|Product Benefits||Bone & Joint Support|
|Diet Type||Gluten Free|
Doctor’s Best Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM provides three important nutrients which help support healthy joints and connective tissues: glucosamine, chondroitin and Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM, from OptiMSM). Glucosamine sulfate helps joint health for joint lubrication, better joint movement and flexibility.* Cartilage, composed of proteoglycans, is mainly located on bones, near the joints and consists primarily of collagen protein with side chains called chondroitin sulfate. MSM supplies bioavailable sulfur needed to support joint health, hair, skin, and nails.
Support Your Body with Joint Health Nutrients
Doctor’s Best Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM with OptiMSM supports joint structure, function and comfort. It is a potent combination of three clinically proven, purified ingredients that help the body manufacture proteoglycans in healthy joints. Proteoglycans contribute to the maintenance of sound joint structure, ultimately enhancing healthy joint function.
Glucosamine sulfate is extracted from chitin, a long-chain polymer consisting of many glucosamine molecules linked together. Chitin forms structural frameworks in many living things, including aquatic crustaceans. Doctor’s Best glucosamine is purified and then sulfated and stabilized with potassium chloride. It is processed to remove residues of protein and impurities, yielding pure glucosamine sulfate as the final material.
Doctor’s Best uses chondroitin sulfate with a purity of 90 percent or greater. QA testing is performed using sophisticated laboratory analytical methods. MSM is an excellent dietary source of bioavailable organic sulfur. Doctor’s Best MSM features OptiMSM, a highly purified form (99.9% pure) of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM). Since the amount of MSM found naturally in living materials is too small to be extracted, the MSM used for dietary supplements is synthesized.
The makers of OptiMSM developed a four-stage process to separate impurities including heavy metals and other contaminants and is 99.9% pure MSM. Each batch exceeds the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) monograph standards for MSM, and is validated by testing in independent laboratories.
- Glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM with optimism: the ultimate combination for healthy joints! Glucosamine supplements are used to help prevent the breakdown of joint tissues and any associated symptoms including pain, lack of flexion, joint stiffness and weakness. Chondroitin helps keep joints healthy by absorbing fluid (particularly water) in the bones. Msm provides a source of dietary sulfur and half of the body’s sulfur is found in the skin, muscles, and bones. Sulfur is a critical building blocker, strengthens joint tissues and helps with elasticity.*
- Improve joint flexibility: a potent combination of three proven, purified ingredients that help build and serves as a shock absorber for your joints. Healthy joints may get worn away by sports injuries, overuse, or wear-and-tear that can cause joint discomfort.*
- Benefits of glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM with optimism: helps supports joint mobility, joint structure, and can increase joint flexibility while protecting joint tissue. Also supports overall health for hair, skin, and nails.*
- Clinically-studied optimism: Glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM with optimism clinically proven, purified ingredients to improve joint function and mobility, combined into one supplement. Provides you with the perfect combination of potent dietary supplements that will help you maintain and support your joint healthy throughout your active Lifetime.*
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations, when provided.
2. Zenwise Joint Support Supplement
|Specific Uses For Product||Joint Relief|
|Product Benefits||Bone & Joint Support|
|Unit Count||180.00 Count|
Zenwise Joint Support promotes the health of knees, hips, and other joints. Each daily serving delivers 1500 mg of Glucosamine, 1200 mg of Chondroitin, 1000 mg of MSM plus Boswellia, Turmeric and Hyaluronic Acid to support the health of knees, hips, joints, and cartilage. Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM support joint structure, protect joint tissue, and promote joint mobility and flexibility.
Also includes Boswellia, Curcumin and Hyaluronic Acid to maintain healthy cartilage, support joint comfort and promote a healthy inflammation response. This supplement is available in either 90-count or 180-count bottles. We suggest three tablets daily. Formulated for men and women who wish to maintain their active and healthy lifestyle. Move easily and comfortably again!
Zenwise Health Advanced Strength Joint Support
Zenwise Health Joint Support contains a blend of 1500mg Glucosamine, 1200mg Chondroitin, and 1000mg MSM to support overall hip and joint health. This advanced formula also features Hyaluronic Acid and Curcumin to promote strength, mobility, and flexibility for the joints to encourage an active and healthy lifestyle for men and women.
About Zenwise Health
As the nutritional science advances forward with new breakthroughs, Zenwise Health is committed to support your healthy and active lifestyle by bringing you these exciting solutions in safe and highly effective products that you can trust.
- Extra Strength Joint Care Supplement: This advanced supplement supports the health of knees, hips, and other joints while helping to relieve joint aches. Designed for men and women who wish to maintain their active and healthy lifestyle.
- Move Easily and Comfortably Again: Each daily serving delivers 1500 mg of Glucosamine, 1200 mg of Chondroitin, 1000 mg of MSM plus Boswellia, Turmeric and Hyaluronic Acid to support the health of knees, hips, joints and cartilage.
- Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM to support joint structure, protect joint tissue, ease aches and promote joint mobility and flexibility.
- Boswellia, Curcumin and Hyaluronic Acid to help maintain healthy cartilage, promote joint comfort and support a healthy inflammation response.
- 90-count or 180-count supply: Zenwise Joint Support is available in either 90-count or 180-count bottles. We suggest three tablets daily.
3. Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM & Vitamin D3 Joint Health Supplement
|Special Ingredients||Glucosamine, Collagen, Methylsulfonylmethane, Chondroitin|
|Product Benefits||Joint Health|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
This joint support supplement contains Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Hyaluronic Acid, Uniflex®, MSM & Vitamin D3 to help support the 5 signs of joint health!* Move Free Advanced contains UNIFLEX® which is a clinically tested mineral complex that supports joint comfort in as little as 2 weeks.*
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a source of sulfur found in the body that is important in the formation of collagen in joints. Collagen is a vital part of your joints because it supports the structure of cartilage.* Vitamin D3 helps maintain healthy levels of Calcium & Magnesium, which support strong bones (healthy bones are key for healthy joints).* Move Free Advanced supports Mobility, Comfort, Flexibility, Bone & Muscle. PLUS, MSM provides extra cartilage support and Vitamin D3 provides Bone & Immune Support.
Adults take two (2) tablets once a day with a meal OR one (1) tablet twice daily with meals. This products contains a 60 day supply and is FSA eligible. The MOVE FREE product family with clinically tested ingredients, offers a range of solutions to help you move better. Because when you MOVE FREE-ly, you live freely. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Move Free Advanced plus D3 combines heritage joint support ingredients with the clinically studied mineral complex Uniflex. Uniflex has been shown to help support joint comfort in as little as 14 days.
- With Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Calcium Fructoborate, Hyaluronic Acid, MSM and Vitamin D3, this product helps support mobility, comfort, strength, flexibility, and lubrication. PLUS it provides immune health and bone support (Vitamin D3)
- Our scientists started in the fitness community, helping athletes who have experienced joint discomfort. Then it became obvious it wasn’t just athletes who needed our help. Move Free has one goal in mind: Keep you moving.
- Our exclusive state-of-the-art technology allows us to pack the same amount of our powerful ingredients into a smaller tablet, making it easier to take every day for the joint support you want.
- It is key for the formation of cartilage (essential building block of joints). It helps contribute to healthy joint fluid that supports joint lubrication and smooth movement, while also supporting joint comfort, mobility and flexibility.
- Chondroitin is a building block of cartilage that supports joint strength by helping to resist compression in the joints. In the body, Chondroitin functions by attracting fluid to joints to support cushioning and lubrication.
- MSM is important in the formation of collagen in joints (collagen supports the structure of cartilage). Vitamin D3 helps maintain healthy levels of Calcium and Magnesium, which support strong bones (healthy bones are key for healthy joints).
4. Glucosamine Chondroitin with Turmeric & MSM
|Material Feature||GMO Free, Gluten Free|
|Item Weight||11.81 Ounces|
|Unit Count||180.00 Count|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||2.87 x 2.87 x 5.25 inches|
Glucosamine & Chondroitin are naturally-occurring compounds that support strong nutrition. They’re often combined with ingredients like MSM, Turmeric and Boswellia for a synergistic effect. These ingredients are typically featured in products like Capsules, Bulk Powder, Liquid, Chewables, Pills, Tablets and Gummies. The best way to add them to your daily regimen is with a trusted source. Why choose Horbaach?
Horbaach is committed to carefully produced dietary supplements with the finest ingredients. We choose top level suppliers who meet our high standards of quality, purity and ethics. Our nutrients are laboratory tested to ensure safety and satisfaction. How does our Glucosamine & Chondroitin supplement stand out?
Horbaach’s Glucosamine & Chondroitin:
This Glucosamine Chondroitin Complex is designed to suit the most active lifestyle! It’s enhanced with valuable ingredients like MSM, Turmeric, Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid and more for all day support. Our Convenient Coated Caplets are Gluten-Free, Non-GMO and contain no Artificial Flavor, Artificial Sweetener or Preservatives. Perfect choice for all men and women committed to top-quality nutrition!
- Features Glucosamine Chondroitin plus MSM and Turmeric for all day support!
- Includes Boswellia Serrata, Hyaluronic Acid and Collagen in a synergistic blend
- Our supplements use advanced sourcing to ensure purity and potency always
- Laboratory Tested, Trusted Ingredients, Superior Quality, 100% Guaranteed!
- Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Milk, Lactose, Soy, Artificial Color & Flavoring & NON-GMO
5. Glucosamine Sulfate + Chondroitin
|Specific Uses For Product||Possible Joint Pain Relief|
|Product Benefits||Supports Joints|
|Dosage Form||1500 mg Glucosamine Sulfate, 1200mg Chrondroitin Complex, 2000mg MSM|
|Age Range (Description)||Child|
We’ve gone through over 50 clinical studies to make sure we source ingredients that are clinically proven to be more effective than placebo, making sure our dosage is strong enough (you’ll see many products with very weak MSM and Chondroitin doses).
We don’t skimp on high quality ingredients, and we don’t add useless fillers that are not proven to support joint health.
Remember: you are ETERNALLY backed by our 110% LIFETIME Better Than Money Back Guarantee. So give us a shot and if you feel your life has not improved, we’ll give 100% of your money back and 10% to the Arthritis Foundation. Yes – we believe in our product that much to be able to offer such an unbeatable guarantee.
So click the add to cart button now. And when you do, consider getting 2 or 3 bottles for a parent or other loved one suffering from joint pain or discomfort.
- Get a 90 day supply for less than 50 cents a day. Be aware of other “cheaper” products with fewer pills (they actually cost more per day!).
- 1500mg Glucosamine Sulfate, 1200mg Chondroitin, and 2000mg MSM.
- Our ingredients have been clinically shown to work better than placebo in reducing joint pain and discomfort, so you can relieve those active, youthful days pain free.
- “5 Secrets of Skyrocketing Your Chances of Conquering Joint Pain” – On Page 23, learn this powerful technique that reduces SEVERE arthritis pain 50% better than placebo.
- You won’t find a better guarantee anywhere else. Our guarantee is simple: you are protected FOR LIFE. If for any reason or no reason whatsoever you are dissatisfied with this product, let us know and we will give you 100% of your purchase price back no questions asked. Furthermore, we’ll even donate 10% to the Arthritis Foundation. Yes: we believe in our product so much that we can offer you this insane guarantee.
What To Know Before You Buy A Glucosamine Chondroitin
Glucosamine is one of the building blocks of tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and the fluid around the joints. Based on this function, it’s been hypothesized that taking joint supplements containing glucosamine may protect the cartilage and joints from damage and possibly help those with arthritis to slow down the progression of the disease.
If the arthritis is of inflammatory origins, such as rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis, glucosamine may also be used to treat the symptoms of these conditions due to its anti-inflammatory action.
If you’re wondering what drugs and foods to avoid when taking a glucosamine supplement, there are some things to know. For patients on blood thinners or anticoagulants such as warfarin, taking your drug with glucosamine can increase your risk of bruising and serious bleeding. If you have diabetes, only take glucosamine sulfate under the supervision of your doctor.
People with shellfish allergies should also check the label of the supplement, as some glucosamine products are made from the shells of lobsters, shrimps, and crabs. If you’re taking a cancer medicine, glucosamine may affect the effectiveness of your drug, so it’s best to discuss it with your doctor before you start taking a supplement.
Some common forms of glucosamine include glucosamine sulfate, glucosamine chondroitin, glucosamine hydrochloride, and N-acetylglucosamine. Pure glucosamine supplements often come as either glucosamine sulfate or hydrochloride. If you’re hypertensive, the former may not be an ideal option, since the sulfate form is stabilized using sodium chloride, which can raise your blood pressure levels.
Another form of glucosamine is the combination that exists with chondroitin as glucosamine chondroitin, which may be a better option than using glucosamine alone.
What To Look For In A Quality Glucosamine Chondroitin
Recommended Daily Intake
Most studies recommend 1,500 milligrams of glucosamine sulfate, which is usually taken in divided doses, and the supplement can be taken at this dose for up to 6 months without causing any harm.
However, you may not need to take up to 1,500 milligrams of glucosamine to experience improvement, as this dose may lead to unpleasant side effects such as headache, heartburn and nausea in some people. To get the right dosage, speak to your doctor or pharmacist before you start taking glucosamine.
While there are pure formulations of glucosamine, some supplements include other ingredients that may also help relieve joint pain and support mobility such as MSM, chondroitin, hyaluronic acid, Boswellia extract and turmeric. For some people, taking high-strength glucosamine without any other ingredients is sufficient to provide a marked improvement in their condition, while others swear by the combination of glucosamine with these joint-relief ingredients.
While the serving size is usually indicated on the label of the supplement, these recommendations may fall below what you need to effectively manage the symptoms of arthritis. Generally, the recommended dosage is usually 1,200 to 1,500 milligrams per day. When choosing your ideal glucosamine, this should be your reference dosage.
However, if the supplement you’re considering contains less than this amount, you may have to take multiple pills. For convenience’s sake, opt for a product with a serving size that allows you to take just one pill daily.
How Much You Can Expect To Spend On A Glucosamine Chondroitin
Depending on the pill count, expect to pay from $0.12-$0.35 per pill for your glucosamine supplement. Another factor to consider is the milligrams per pill. For instance, a 1,500-milligram glucosamine capsule that costs $0.15 might be a more cost-effective option than a 500-milligram capsule that costs the same price.
Frequently Asking Question
Which Is Best Glucosamine Or Chondroitin?
Some find chondroitin to be superior, others favor glucosamine, while still others prefer a combination of the two. “Evidence would favor the two,” D’Adamo says. “They’re typically bundled that way when you buy them.” The ideal form of glucosamine has also caused dissent in the research community.
What Is The Most Effective Form Of Glucosamine?
Glucosamine is typically dosed at 1,500–3,000 mg per day. Of the available forms, glucosamine sulfate — with or without chondroitin — is likely the most effective.
Do Doctors Recommend Glucosamine Chondroitin?
Experts disagree on whether glucosamine and chondroitin may help knee and hip osteoarthritis. The American College of Rheumatology (ACR) has recommended that people with knee or hip osteoarthritis not use glucosamine or chondroitin.
Is It Safe To Take Glucosamine Chondroitin Daily?
In general, yes, glucosamine and chondroitin are safe to take in doses listed on the supplement label. However, people who are allergic to shellfish should not take glucosamine. In addition, taking this supplement with the blood thinner Coumadin (warfarin) may increase the risk of bleeding.
What Is The Difference Between Glucosamine Chondroitin And Glucosamine Msm?
The key difference between glucosamine chondroitin and glucosamine MSM is that according to recent research studies, glucosamine-chondroitin complex gives relief from osteoarthritis symptoms comparatively slower than the glucosamine MSM complex.
At the top of this page, we mentioned the difference between glucosamine and chondroitin. Now, you know what that means, but what about their differences? In truth, there are very few aside from how they are processed. They both have been shown to be beneficial in the treatment of osteoarthritis. Of course, it is always best to discuss these things with your physician before embarking on any treatments.