If you have ever wondered what it means when companies talk about eye drops and whitening drops, you are certainly not alone. In this article, we are going to clarify everything for you, so pay attention! If you are tired of dark circles, evaporative deposits and redness caused by allergy or a lack of sleep then these top-rated eye whitening drops will be your new friends. They help reduce the appearance of puffiness and dark circles under your eyes in addition to reducing redness from allergens and irritants.
Editor’s Pick: Best Eye Whitening Drops
How Whitening Eye Drops Work
Most eye drops contain lubricants to prevent dryness and moisturize the whites of your eyes to make them feel better, and in some cases look whiter in the process.
The white area around the iris and pupil is called the sclera. It often contains a bit of redness, which can make the eyes appear red. Some eye drops contain medication to constrict (narrow) the blood vessels in your eyes, which helps to clear up the redness and make your sclera appear less reddish.
7 Best Eye Whitening Drops Reviews
To get rid of the dark circles, puffiness, and bags under the eyes you need to perform an eye whitening. If you are looking for effective eye whitening drops look no further. The 5 best eye whitening drops, reviewed by specialists that work on beauty centers will help you get rid of your under-eye problems in a safe and fast way.
1. Redness Reliever Eye Drops 0.25 Ounce (7.5mL)
|Specific Uses For Product||Adult|
LUMIFY is proven to provide safe, effective, and convenient relief from redness of the eyes due to allergies, smoke, or crying. LUMIFY is clinically proven to stay on the eye surface longer than other competitive products.
LUMIFY is intended for night-time use to help reduce redness, which may be caused by exposure to light or sun, allergies or a number of other reasons. It relieves redness and helps restore the natural beauty of your eyes. It’s the only OTC drop to contain brimonidine, a prescription medicine that targets 6 different types of redness and offers powerful long-lasting temporary relief in 1 minute.
About this item
- Eye Drops for Red Eyes: LUMIFY significantly reduces redness to help reveal your eyes’ natural radiance. From the eye care experts at Bausch and Lomb, LUMIFY works in 1 minute and lasts up to 8 hours
- LUMIFY is different: The only OTC drop to contain brimonidine. It selectively targets redness, alleviating some potential side effects associated with other redness relief drops, when used as directed
- LUMIFY contains no bleach or dyes. It’s the Number 1 Eye Doctor recommended redness reliever (data on file)
- Eye Care Experts at Bausch and Lomb: For over 150 years, we have focused on innovation and quality in eye care products, from contact lenses and solutions to eye drops, ointments, eye vitamins, and more
- Amazing Looking Eyes: We understand how important eyes are. And despite all the eye creams, mascara, eyeliners and eyeshadows, if your eyes are red, you won’t look your best
2. Refresh Contacts, Eye Drops, Contact Lens Comfort,Blue 0.4 Fl Oz Sterile
|Product Benefits||Softening,Soothing, Moisturizing|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
Refresh contacts is a multi-use formula that alleviates dryness around the eye caused by contact lens wear. This blue sterile suspension is 0.4-fl oz and can be used with contacts as well as often as needed throughout the day. Perfect for use at home, work, or while traveling, Refresh contacts create a liquid cushion of moisture around the eye that soothes and relieves irritation that can come from extended wear of contact lenses. Every drop creates a liquid cushion that comforts and protects.
About this item
- Original strength formula
- Relieves mild symptoms of eye dryness due to contact lens wear
- Instantly moisturizes and lubricates
- You may keep your contacts in upon application
- It May also be used to lubricating and rewet soft and rigid gas permeable (RGP) contact lenses and to cushion lenses prior to application
- Silicone acrylate and fluorosilicone acrylate rigid gas permeable lenses are recommended for use with REFRESH CONTACTS. Consult your eye care practitioner to identify the lens you wear.
- Doctor recommended with over 30 years of experience; REFRESH Family of Products, Ipsos Healthcare, 2021 REFRESH ECP Recommendation Survey.
3. Biotrue® Hydration Boost Eye Drops
|Product Benefits||Hydration,Ph Balanced|
|Specific Uses For Product|
Each drop of Biotrue Hydration Boost Eye Drops is enhanced with HA (Hyaluronan), Antioxidant, and Electrolyte, which provides instant moisture for dry eyes. Biotrue Hydration Boost™ Eye Drops have a unique formula to maintain the moisture balance needed for healthy eyes, especially when wearing contact lenses. This unique combination of biotinyl and hyaluronic acid helps your corneas remain hydrated, while the smart release technology makes the eye drop fluid last longer. The result is healthier eyes, so you can see more clearly with comfort and confidence.
About this item
- NATURALLY INSPIRED INGREDIENTS: Biotrue Hydration Boost Eye Drops are enhanced with HA (Hyaluronan), Antioxidant, and Electrolyte and provide instant moisture for dry eyes.
- CONTACT LENS FRIENDLY: Biotrue Hydration Boost Eye Drops can be applied while wearing soft contact lenses.
- INSTANT MOISTURE: For dry, irritated eyes due to screen and environmental stressors.
- BIOTRUE EYE DROPS: Not only are the Hydration Boost Eye Drops free of preservatives but they are also pH balanced.
- EYE DROPS & MORE: Bausch + Lomb makes eye care products you can trust, from contact lens solution to eye drops, vitamins, & ointments to help your eyes feel moisturized and protected.
4. Systane Complete Lubricant Eye Drops, 2x10mL TWIN
|Specific Uses For Product||Eyes|
Systane Complete Lubricant Eye Drops provide fast moisturizing and soothing relief for those suffering from moderate to advanced dry eye symptoms. This unique formula is made up of tiny, nano-sized droplets that form a matrix of protection across the entire surface of your eyes within each drop. Systane Complete is formulated to deliver optimal dry eye relief, providing protection against evaporation and keeping eyes feeling lubricated, hydrated and refreshed all day. In addition, it is physician recommended and safe for use with contact lenses as well as being safe for sensitive eyes.
About this item
- Optimal dry eye relief
- Nano-droplet technology takes our coverage to another level
- Soothes eyes with fast-acting hydration
- Hydrates fast and provides long-lasting relief
- #1 Doctor Recommended Brand for Artifical Tears
5. Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops, Twin Pack, 10-mL Each
|Product Benefits||Soothing, Moisturizing|
See your world clearly and comfortably with Systane Ultra lubricant eye drops, clinically proven to provide extended protection against dry eye symptoms. Available in multiple-size bottles to keep you on top of your comfort throughout the day, it has a preservative-free formula for proven high-performance relief from dry eye symptoms.
About this item
- #1 Dr Recommended Brand of Artificial Tears*, packaging may vary
- Extended Protection
- Fast Long-Lasting Dry Eye Symptom Relief.Store at room temperature
- Reduces both the signs and symptoms of dry eye
- Quickly soothe irritated eyes wherever you are
6. Rohto Cool Max Maximum Redness Relief Cooling Eye Drops
|Specific Uses For Product||Dryness|
|Item Form||Eye Drops|
With Rohto Cool Max Maximum Redness Relief Cooling Eye Drops, you can experience maximum strength redness relief and soothing lubricant eye drops. Maximum redness relief whitens the red, irritated eye, while dermatologist-tested Rohto Cool Max technology helps restore the moisture barrier that helps nourish, soothe and relieve the symptoms of dry eyes. For relief of redness due to minor eye irritation including smoke, dust, pollen and allergens. It provides long-lasting relief for up to 8 hours.
About this item
- Three 0.4 fl oz bottles of Rohto Cool Max maximum strength redness relief, lubricating eye drops
- Lubricant eye drops provide maximum strength redness relief to whiten red, irritated eyes
- Lubricant dry eye drops relieve eye dryness and help protect against further irritation
- Fast-acting formula soothes eyes suffering from eye strain, late nights and environmental factors
- Use 1 to 2 eye drops in the affected eye(s) up to 4 times daily; soothes up to 8 hours
7. Ocusoft Retaine MGD Ophthalmic Emulsion, Milky White Solution
Ocusoft Retaine is the innovative preservative-free ophthalmic emulsion. Unlike most emulsions, Retaine contains proprietary cationic oil emulsion technology that is proven to effectively deliver ingredients through electrostatic attraction between positively charged droplets and the negatively charged ocular surface. While conventional formulations rely on preservatives to prevent microbial contamination, Retaine protects itself from such contamination without the use of preservatives by this novel delivery system. This difference is important to those who suffer from severe dry eye, where even the smallest amount of a preservative can cause irritation.
About this item
- Retained mgd is a revolutionary preservative-free ophthalmic emulsion that moisturizes, lubricates and protects moderate to severe dry eyes
- Provides long-lasting relief utilizing nova orb,
- Proprietary cationic oil emulsion technology that effectively delivers ingredients through electrostatic attraction between positively charged droplets and the negatively charged ocular surface
- Retained MGD is a revolutionary preservative-free ophthalmic emulsion that moisturizes, lubricates and protects moderate to severe dry eyes.
- Provides long-lasting relief utilizing Nova orb,
- proprietary cationic oil emulsion technology that effectively delivers ingredients through electrostatic attraction between positively charged droplets and the negatively charged ocular surface.
- The hypotonicity of the emulsion adds moisture by lowering the salt concentration of tears while the lipid component lubricates and protects the surface of the eye.
What To Know Before You Buy An eye whitening drops
Before you buy eye whitening drops, it is important to know what ingredients are used to make these preparations. There are many eye whitening drops on the market that claim to remove dark circles, but not all of them reveal their ingredient lists. Eyebright is an herbal ingredient that has been used to treat eye problems such as inflammation, redness and swelling. Eyebright is widely recognized by experts in vitamins and herbs as one of the original home remedies for eye health. It may also exhibit antioxidant potential, which could promote and support healthy skin around the eyes.
A person who is interested in buying eye whitening drops should determine whether they are gouged by the price. There are many companies that charge sharply higher prices for little eye brightening as compared to that individual who sells it at generic prices.
You should also consider the Brand of the product while buying eye whitening drops. The brand will help you to choose which products are best from the wide range of Eye-whitening drops available in the market. It will assure you about the service of the product and about its performance. Therefore you should consider the brand while buying any product.
if you’re concerned about some fine lines and wrinkles, you should check whether the product is certified or not while buying eye whitening drops.
Best Eye Whitening Drops-FAQs
Can I Use Lumify every day?
LUMIFY is an over the counter daily redness reliever. It treats migraines and long-lasting redness from hard contacts and is instilled in one drop in each eye that needs it every 6-8 hours (not more than 4 times a day). As with other OTC redness relievers, you should stop use and ask a doctor if you experience eye pain, changes in vision, redness or irritation that worsens or lasts more than 72 hours (3 days).
Should I Be Worried If My Eyes Are Yellow?
Your eyes can appear to be yellow when the concentration of bilirubin in your blood is abnormally high. You should contact your doctor if your eyes are yellow. Yellowing of the skin and mucous membranes (especially the whites of the eyes, a condition called jaundice) can be caused by a number of conditions.
How White Should Your Eyes Be?
The white part of the eye that covers over 80% of the eyeball’s surface is called the sclera. If your sclera has yellowed or developed a dark color, you may have an underlying condition such as jaundice, diabetes, or cirrhosis of the liver. That’s why it is important to test the whiteness of your eyes on a regular basis.
The bottom line is that the best eye whitening drops are the ones that work for you. These reviews should help you do that. They can identify attributes of a product, whether it be a benefits list or side effects warnings, which no manufacturer’s site would ever have. Hopefully, you will have better luck with our top 7 eye whitening drops than with products you have tried in the past, and as a result, your eyes will be happier with their new appearance.