DIM, or diindolylmethane, is a phytochemical found in cruciferous vegetables, particularly broccoli and kale. These two are specifically rich in glucobrassicin and glucoraphanin. It is commonly used to treat conditions such as PMS (premenstrual syndrome), hot flashes, osteoporosis, hypothyroidism, obesity, inflammation and aging. The purpose of this guide is to educate you on the market dynamics surrounding DIM supplements and help you choose the right product.
Best DIM Supplement Reviews
1. Smoky Mountain Naturals BioPerineDIM Supplement
- DIM, A REVOLUTION IN HORMONE BALANCE - DIM supplements aid in hormone balance by supporting the body’s metabolism of excess estrogen; For women, Diindolylmethane supports during menopause, PCOS, night sweats, hot flashes, weight loss and hormonal acne
- DIM IS A MUST HAVE FOR MEN TOO - For men, DIM may help reduce excess estrogen and aid with physical fitness, prostate health, gynecomastia, energy, and weight loss; As an estrogen blocker, DIM supplements are a powerful aromatase inhibitor
- EVERYTHING IN ONE SMALL CAPSULE - A single bottle of DIM contains 2 months of once a day servings in small vegetable capsules; Other DIM products require multiple capsules; Not ours; Each pill is packed with 200mg of DIM plus 2.5mg of BioPerine
- UNQUESTIONED QUALITY - Third Party Tested, Gluten Free, Vegan, Non GMO, Soy Free, Dairy Free, and Cruelty Free; Manufactured in an FDA-Registered facility that adheres to GMP guidelines.
Smoky Mountain Naturals BioPerineDIM Supplement is a DIM-based supplement that helps to promote healthy hormone balance for both men and women. This product utilizes a patented, standardized formulation of Diindolylmethane (DIM) with Black Cohosh, as well as cruciferous veggies from the brassica family to help alleviate symptoms associated with excess estrogen, including menopause, night sweats, hot flashes, and more.
Find Balance With DIM
DIM (Diindolyl-methane) is an aromatase inhibitor that’s also found in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower. It supports hormone balance by supporting the body’s ability to metabolize excess estrogen.
Menopause, Acne, PMS, & More
DIM is the hormone-free way to address the effects of excess potent estrogen in every stage of life.* Mild hot flashes, hormonal acne, bloating, weight gain, low energy, and breast tenderness are just a few of the issues that DIM provides support for.
Formulated for Impact
Each capsule of DIM 200 contains as much DIM as 2 pounds of cruciferous vegetables! Plus, our formula includes BioPerine (a black pepper extract) to support better absorption.
The #1 DIM For a Reason
DIM 200 is Third-Party Tested by Intertek Labs (2021), Gluten Intolerance Group Certified, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Non-GMO Project Verified, Vegan.org Certified, Titanium Dioxide-Free, Silicon Dioxide Free, and formulated without the top 8 allergens.
2. Smoky Mountain Naturals Supplement DIM Supplement Estrogen Balance for Women
- DIM, A REVOLUTION IN HORMONE BALANCE: DIM supplements aid in hormone balance by supporting the body’s metabolism of excess estrogen.* For women, Diindolylmethane provides support for the typical symptoms of menopause, weight loss, and hormonal acne.*
- THE DIM WITH MORE VEGGIE POWER: DIM (diindolylmethane) is also found in nature's healthiest foods: cruciferous vegetables.* DIM 250 Complex plus Broccoli Sprouts Seed and Dong Quai contains more vegetable power than other formulations.*
- DIM IS A MUST-HAVE FOR MEN TOO: For men, DIM may help reduce excess estrogen and aid the body with physical fitness, prostate health support, energy, and weight loss.* As an estrogen blocker, DIM is a robust aromatase inhibitor.*
- FORMULATED FOR CONVENIENCE: Other DIM products require multiple capsules -- not ours. A single bottle of DIM 250 Complex contains a 2-month supply of once-daily servings in small vegetable capsules.
|Brand||Smoky Mountain Naturals|
|Unit Count||60 Count|
New from Smoky Mountain Naturals, a unique and proprietary supplement that may help support the body’s metabolism of excess estrogen through the breakdown of the hormone diindolylmethane. Used by millions of women to support hormone balance, this product can also provide relief for common symptoms associated with menopause, weight loss, and hormonal acne.
The DIM with maximum veggie power.
DIM supports the metabolism of excess potent estrogens. It is the #1 supplement choice for many people seeking hormone balance.* Each capsule contains more DIM than 2 lbs. of cruciferous vegetables, plus broccoli sprouts seed, organic spinach, alfalfa, and kale to provide complete support and antioxidants.* Our DIM 250 Complex formula includes Vitamin D and BioPerine (a black pepper extract) to support better absorption.
Managing Excess Estrogen with DIM
DIM is the hormone-free way to address the effects of excess potent estrogen in every stage of life.* Mild hot flashes, hormonal acne, bloating, weight gain, low energy, and breast tenderness are just a few of the issues that DIM provides support for.* DIM 250 complex features 250mg of DIM per serving, in addition to sulforaphane and cruciferous vegetable extracts that provide immense antioxidant value in every capsule.
3. Olympian Labs DIM Supplement 100mg
- healthy metabolism of estrogens optimizes the ratio of estrogen metabolites crucial for prostate health as well as breast, uterine, and cervical health
- contributes to a better metabolism in the most natural way possible by adjusting hormonal action to avoid imbalance
- may help promote fat loss, healthy skin and bones
- optimal estrogen balance has implications for successful aging in both men and women.
- stimulates detoxification enzyme systems
|Product Benefits||Metabolism Management|
|Color||100 Mg, 60 Count|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Item Weight||0.12 Pounds|
|Unit Count||60 Count|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||6 x 5 x 4 inches|
Olympian Labs DIM is a natural supplement that is thought to help optimize estrogen metabolism and reduce the effects of unbalanced estrogen. This product combines essential phytochemicals, herbs and coenzyme Q10 together in a synergistic formulation designed to balance estrogen levels. Olympian Labs DIM promotes detoxification enzyme systems for overall health maintenance.
The Red Label Promise
From the start, Olympian Labs has pioneered nutritional supplements free of artificial colors, sweeteners and additives, as well as innovation powerful products to meet the needs of today’s every changing lifestyle.
With our knowledge of nutrition and passion for wellness, we’ve carefully selected the finest ingredients and applied the high industry standards to make unique, therapeutic formulas supported by the latest dietary research.
Olympian Labs is dedicated to providing transparency in labeling and exceptional quality.
What Distinguishes Olympian Labs?
Powerful, effective dosages for optimal results.
Well-crafted formulas that combine ancient wisdom with today’s science.
Targeted ingredients that deliver maximum potency.
4. Nature’s Way Dim-Plus Supplement
- ESTROGEN METABOLISM. Research shows diindolylmethane increases the level of “favorable” estrogens (2-hydroxyestrogen) while reducing the level of “less favorable” estrogens (16-hydroxyestrogen).
- ENHANCED ABSORPTION. The bioavailability of DIM-plus is superior to regular diindolylmethane and its unstable precursor, indole-3- carbinol (I3C.) With DIM-Plus, you are assured a stabilized and consistent dose of diindolylmethane.
- DIM-PLUS DIFFERENCE. Contains Indolplex BR-DIM Complex, an enhanced bioavailability delivery system for diindolylmethane, a phytonutrient found in cruciferous vegetables including broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, and kale.
- GLUTEN FREE AND VEGETARIAN. No sugar, salt, wheat, yeast, dairy products, artificial flavors, or preservatives.
|Product Benefits||Metabolism Management|
|Diet Type||Vegetarian, Gluten Free|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Allergen Information||Gluten Free|
|Material Feature||No Artificial Flavors|
|Item Weight||0.01 Pounds|
This special formula provides a stabilized and consistent dose of diindolylmethane (DIM), which compromises two naturally occurring compounds found in cruciferous vegetables, indole-3-carbinol (I3C) and 6-Methoxy-indole-3-carbinol (6MI). Research shows that when combined into one supplement, diindolylmethane significantly increases the level of “favorable” estrogens known as 2-hydroxyestrogen while reducing the level of “less favorable” estrogens known as 16-hydroxyestrogen. Encouraging the body to maintain optimal estrogen metabolism, Nature’s Way Diindolylmethane Plus is an intelligent choice for women’s hormonal health.
Nature’s Way Dim-Plus is a vegan, gluten free dietary supplement specially formulated to promote estrogen metabolism. By normalizing estrogen levels in your body, this revolutionary new formula goes beyond regular diindolylmethane and its precursor, indole-3-carbinol (I3C.) Our exclusive blend of diindolylmethane (DIM) and indole-3-carbinol (I3C) delivers a stabilized and consistent dose of diindolylmethane so you can be assured of a well balanced estrogen metabolism!
Liver and Kidneys Health
DIM-Plus is ideal for both women and men who are looking for a natural way to help manage estrogen levels. It also supports the body’s detoxification process by enhancing the body’s ability to eliminate excess estrogen through the liver and kidneys.
5. Source Naturals DIM, Diindolylmethane
- MADE FROM GREEN VEGETABLES. Dim is an indole phytochemical that is a natural metabolite of compounds found in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cabbage.
- SOURCE NATURALS DIM DIFFERENCE. This unique property sets DIM apart from other plant nutrients. Source Naturals DIM is formulated with phospholipids, Vitamin E and BioPerine.
- SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS. Contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten or wheat. Contains no sugar, starch, salt, preservatives, or artificial color, flavor or fragrance.
- TRUSTED FOR OVER 35 YEARS. Source Naturals was created in 1982 by CEO Ira Goldberg to support each individual's potential to enjoy optimal health.
- MANUFACTURED IN THE USA. Our facility is located in Scotts Valley California.
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Material Feature||Yeast Free, Sugar Free|
|Item Weight||0.1 Pounds|
|Unit Count||60.00 Count|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||1.3 x 1.3 x 1.6 inches|
|Primary Supplement Type||Vitamin-e|
It began in 1982 with CEO Ira Goldberg’s vision for revolutionizing the way we think and act about our health. The Western healthcare model was focused almost entirely on treating a disease rather than prevention. Supporting and nurturing our bodies as a system designed for wellness wasn’t widely known until recently.
Though the advances are recent in our culture, Ira Goldberg’s vision has been a reality for decades. We’re proud to offer a wide array of health and household products. Your well-being is our highest priority. We invite you to join our wellness community today. Now more than ever, find great ways to add to your diet today. The smallest changes yield great results.
Nature and Science: Our Formulation Philosophy We respect nature’s intelligence. We choose scientifically optimal nutrient forms and potencies that work at the cellular level to bring the body’s interdependent systems into balance. We call this unique formulation strategy Bio-Alignment.
Raw Materials Our commitment to quality begins with sourcing botanical powders and extracts and other raw materials, including organic and non-GMO verified ingredients when available.
Quality First We honor the trust our customers place in us with an unwavering commitment to the highest standards of quality.
Advocacy We are advocates for a wellness revolution. We stand for a new health care model focused less on disease care and more on early intervention to address metabolic structure and function imbalances that can impact wellness. This new model called SystemiCare embraces the health enhancing value of nutritional compounds the body already recognizes.
Innovation We foster innovation. Our vision of a healthier world inspires us to seek and bring to market innovative new compounds to advance the wellness revolution and offer our customers a better quality of life.
6. Zhou DIM Active | Menopause & Estrogen Metabolism Supplement
- BASED IN THE HEART OF UTAH - At Zhou, we use only the highest-quality ingredients in a facility following GMP (good manufacturing practices). Plus, we test everything at our lab in Utah, so you can be confident that you're fueling your body with the very best.
- VITALITY & HEALTHY AGING Hormone-free DIM Active is formulated to help get your system back on track, boosting energy and stamina so you feel like your old self again while supporting cellular health, your immune system, and supporting healthy skin.
- ADVANCED HORMONE BALANCING COMPLEX Along with 250 mg of diindolymethane (DIM), DIM Active delivers activated broccoli seed extract, vitamin C, E, and BioPerine for antioxidant support, and increased absorption.
- FOR MEN & WOMEN While we associate estrogen with women, it's an important part of a man's hormone profile, too. DIM Active is designed to help support a balanced ratio of estrogen and testosterone.
- SUPERIOR ABSORPTION DIM Active includes vitamin C, E, and BioPerine for superior absorption. BioPerine is a patented black pepper extract that helps increase nutrient absorption, so you can take full advantage of each and every once-daily capsule.
While aging may come with more wisdom, more meaningful relationships, and more time for travel or leisure, it may also come with more issues caused by declining hormone levels. That’s why Zhou Nutrition developed DIM Active, a hormone-free complex designed to help support hormone balance and vitality, enhanced with activated broccoli extract, vitamins C and E, and BioPerine. So go ahead-enjoy more of what aging has to offer. Add DIM Active to your arsenal of healthy aging and vitality support.
Get effective hormone balance with 250 mg of Diindolylmethane (DIM) enhanced with activated broccoli seed extract, vitamins C and E, and BioPerine
This innovative formula includes vitamin E and BioPerine to help maximize bioavailability so you get more out of every capsule.
Supporting hormone balance, better cellular health, and immunity (with the help of vitamin C), you may notice the energy and vitality of your youth.
DIM Active may help support a more positive, steady mood and higher activity levels for a healthier mind and body.
7. Jarrow Formulas DIM Supplements
- Supports Hormonal Regulation: DIM + CDG supports multiple pathways involved in healthy hormonal regulation
- Estrogen and Testosterone Balance: The formula supports healthy estrogen and testosterone balance in women and men
- Veggie Caps: Take one veggie capsule per day with food or as directed by your qualified healthcare professional
- Superior Nutrition and Formulation: The goal of Jarrow Formulas is to promote optimal health with high-quality, effective, affordable, and superior formulation of dietary supplements; Our customers can be assured of purity, value, and potency
|Diet Type||Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Vegan|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Allergen Information||Gluten Free, Soy Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Fish Free|
|Unit Count||30 Count|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||1.75 x 1.75 x 3.25 inches|
Jarrow Formulas DIM Supplements are designed to support hormonal balance in women and men, providing antioxidant support plus B6 and zinc. This formula is intended for adults only. Vegetarian capsules are easy to swallow. This formula contains no wheat, corn, yeast, soy protein or gluten; this product is non-GMO and free of sugar, starch, salt, artificial colorings or preservatives. Take one veggie capsule per day with food or as directed by your qualified healthcare professional.
Purity & Potency
Jarrow Formulas products are manufactured in Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) certified facilities. Under cGMP regulations, manufacturers are required to evaluate the identity, purity, strength, and composition of ingredients. And we only work with raw material suppliers that follow these practices as well. Jarrow Formulas customers can be assured of purity and potency when choosing from our comprehensive dietary supplements line.
Formulating Health for Decades
Since our founding in 1977, our mission has always been to put science first. We believe that dietary supplement formulations based on relevant and strong scientific research have the potential to support and promote optimal health. That’s why we participate in and support scientific research around the world.
Quality Testing from Start to Finish
Jarrow Formulas in-house analytical laboratories enable our staff of highly trained specialists to test our products’ quality from start to finish. We analyze raw materials for identity, chemical, microbiological, heavy metals, organoleptic, and other physical properties prior to manufacturing. But we don’t stop there. Finished products are also tested to ensure they meet the highest quality standards.
Buying Guide for DIM Supplements
DIM stands for diindolylmethane, a phytochemical produced by human bodies from indole-3-carbinol, which can be found in cruciferous vegetables such as bok choy, cabbage, broccoli, collards, arugula, watercress, radishes, and Brussel sprouts. It works by optimizing your body’s estrogen metabolism, raising the concentrations of the beneficial estrogens while decreasing the concentrations of the dangerous estrogens. Although the aforementioned natural sources include DIM, we are unlikely to receive what we require from them. Let’s face it, as healthy as vegetables are, with all their health benefits and everything, they aren’t the most delicious. That is why DIM pills and other nutritional supplements are becoming increasingly popular. They’re a simple and convenient method to meet your body’s DIM needs without having to shove vegetables down your throat.
What are the advantages of DIM supplements?
Before we go into the benefits, let’s have a look at how DIM works. DIM promotes the formation of 2-hydroxyestrogen, a milder and more favorable type of estrogen. It also inhibits the function of 16 alpha-hydroxyestrone, a more stronger type of estrogen associated to weight gain and an increased risk of some cancers such as uterine and breast cancers. DIM also inhibits the enzyme aromatase, which transforms testosterone to estrogen.
The advantages are as follows:
DIM has been found in studies to help inhibit breast cancer cells from growing and spreading. They may also help to prevent malignancies of the cervix, colon, ovarian, and prostate.
- In men, DIM has been proven to protect against prostatic hypertrophy and PIN (a premalignant disease).
- It has been demonstrated to help people lose weight and minimize fat formation.
- DIM supplements can aid in the treatment of hormonal acne.
- They can help postmenopausal ladies with hot flashes.
- They can help ladies with PMS symptoms.
They can aid in the correction of estrogen imbalance in males, lowering the risk of increased breast growth, erectile dysfunction, and infertility that can result from estrogen imbalance.
What are the potential negative consequences of taking DIM supplements?
DIM is safe to use and has not been connected to any significant adverse effects, according to existing evidence from human research on the effects of DIM supplements. However, there have been some minor adverse effects reported. Changes in urine color, increased bowel movement, headaches, and gas are the most prevalent side effects. Nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, and skin rashes are some of the less typical adverse effects.
However, even though DIM supplements are generally safe, you should not begin taking them or any other supplement without first consulting your doctor. People who are taking other medications, pregnant women, and nursing moms should be very cautious.
How do I choose which dim supplements to purchase?
Since the potential benefits of DIM supplements were known, the number of choices available to individuals like you has increased dramatically. Customers now have a plethora of options when purchasing for these supplements as a result of this. While having the ability to choose is beneficial, it also poses a dilemma. How do we choose the greatest brands for us? This section provides an answer.
When it comes to DIM pills, or any other supplement, the ingredients are the most crucial factor to consider. This is particularly helpful for vegetarians and allergy sufferers. Gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, vegan, non-GMO, and artificial flavor-free are the top brands on the market today. People with allergies should check the manufacturer’s ingredient list before purchasing.
Expert and customer feedback
Customer and expert evaluations are one of the most objective ways to assess a product’s efficacy and most common problems/side effects. Expert reviews, like this one, usually entail extensive research into the issue and consideration of numerous criteria. Customer evaluations, on the other hand, are a realistic means of judging the usefulness and potential drawbacks of anything because they reflect the experiences of real people like you. However, you should exercise caution when using these. Because user experiences differ from one person to the next, yours may or may not match the average. Look at as many experts and user reviews as possible to gain a more complete picture.
It is important to note that the opinions of these experts and users do not replace the advice of your doctor. Before beginning to take DIM or any other vitamins or medications, you should see your doctor. This is especially true if you have allergies, are taking any other medications, are pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
The finest brands take specific steps to make absorption and dosing more consistent. The most prevalent is taking BioPerine, a black pepper extract that has been shown to enhance DIM absorption in the body. The utilization of bioavailability delivery devices is another widely used strategy.
The ease with which you can use a product is critical to your user experience. The amount of capsules/tablets you’ll need per day, the number of times you’ll have to take it, and the flavor of the supplement are all important considerations. The suggested dose should be found in the manufacturer’s instructions. And, more crucially, double-check with your doctor.
What is the most absorbable form of DIM?
Microencapsulated BioResponse DIM displays much higher absorption, while the generic DIM shows little absorption at all. BR-DIM® is the only DIM formulation shown to shift the estrogen metabolite ratio in clinical studies. BioResponse DIM® is the only formulation with proven absorption.
How much DIM should I take to lower estrogen?
Typical doses for premenopausal women with symptoms of estrogen dominance, which include breast pain, painful periods, excessive periods, and PMS, are from 150 to 300 mg per day. The usual dose of bioavailable, microencapsulated DIM for men is 200 to 400 mg per day taken with food.
How long does DIM take to start working?
People who use DIM supplement as a part of their weight loss program can realistically expect to see results within six weeks to six months.
What does DIM do for a woman?
DIM supplements appear to help adjust the hormone estrogen. A few clinical trials have shown that it supports healthy estrogen levels, lowering the risk of certain cancers and diseases like lupus that are linked to estrogen.
Does DIM shorten your period?
Because it affects your estrogen levels, DIM has the potential to affect your period. You could develop shorter menstrual cycles, longer periods, or have a period twice in one month. Consult with your doctor if this becomes a concern. These side effects will subside once you stop taking DIM.
In our opinion, a good DIM supplement will contain a high-quality 450 milligram of bio-identical diindolylmethane, in the form of caff-diamine diindolylmethane. This gives your body both the I and the M forms of DIM, which will provide the best overall health benefits.