It’s astounding, after all, that a growing number of dental practices are integrating the very best dental 3D printer technology into their workflow. From chair-side production of accurate dental models to painless denture production, high-speed scanners to printed guides and models – the world is getting closer and closer to a market where local dentists will be running their own “personalized factories” in the back of their physical offices.
Our 5 Favorite Dental 3D Printer
Best Dental 3D Printer Reviews:
1. Dremel DigiLab 3D Printer
- Pcmag 2018 Editors' Choice Award And Google For Education Partner – Dremel 3D45 3D Printer Kit
- Easily Removable Glass Build Plate Heated Up To 100°C And All Metal 0. 4Mm Nozzle Heated Up To 280°C. Windows Requirement-Windows (7,8,8.1,10). Mac Requirement-Mac Os X Version 10.9
- 5-Inch Full Color Touch Screen With Intuitive Icons For Easy Setup And Operation. Go From Unboxing To Your First Print In Less Than 15 Minutes
- Fully Enclosed Sturdy Plastic Design With A 6. 7" X 10" X 6" Build Volume For Better Prints, Better Safety And Less Chance For Warping. A Carbon Filter And Particulate Filter Are Built-In As Well
The Award-Winning 3D45 3D printer comes standard with an intuitive 5-inch full-color touchscreen, Wi-Fi connectivity, and a 2GB SD card. Built to last, this rugged machine is designed to provide years of reliable service. For improved user experience, the printer has a true plug-and-play setup (no software installation required) and auto-calibration. 50 free plastic 3D printing files are included on the 2GB SD card (converts to ~300MB once extracted).
2. ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X Resin 3D Printer
- 3X Faster Resin 3D Printer: ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X 3D printer comes with an 8.9inch 4K Monochrome LCD with an HD resolution of 3840 x 2400, reducing the layer printing time to 1s-2s, 4X faster than Photon. And the max print speed is 60mm/h, 3X faster than other resin 3d printers.
- Larger Printing Volume: ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X has a large printing volume of 192mmx120mmx245mm / 7.55"x4.72"x9.84", you can print multiple models of the same size at one time, saving your time and improving your productivity. Mono X can be set to stop printing immediately after opening the cover, which is safe to operate and see the printing process, Friendly use for beginners and good performance for the enthusiasts.
- Higher Accuracy and Stronger Stability: ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X adopts new upgrade matrix parallel UV light source, which is more uniform, and can be used with 4K monochrome screen to achieve ultra-precision printing. The Z-axis utilizes dual linear rails, stepper motor and clearance nut combination which dramatically improves stability while in motion and reduces the risk of layer shifting.
- APP Remote Control and UV Cooling System: You can monitor the whole UV Photocuring printing progress in real time and adjust the printing settings with ANYCUBIC app. Our New UV cooling system contains exclusive UV heat dissipation channels that can efficiently cool down and ensure stable printing performance and longer service life. ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X can bring you with the most convenient 3D Printing experience.
- More Function: A. Support Chitu box slicer, B. New UI menu, intuitive and responsive, C. Safe Power Supply, with UL certification. All of our 3d printers provide one month free return and exchange, If you encounter any problems, please feel free to contact us.
The Photon Mono X resin 3D printer offers an 8.9-inch 4K LCD with a resolution of 3840 x 2400, including improvements such as anti-glare treatment and toughened glass for the best possible display performance. The 3D printing process is facilitated by a built-in vacuum pump that ensures clean resin deposition, improving the layer printing time to 1 second per layer. The entire process of removing the support from the finished print is user-friendly and can be achieved easily in around 20 minutes, while also leaving behind a minimal amount of residue.
3. ELEGOO Resin 3D Printer
- 【Fast Printing and less maintenance】Mars 2 Pro comes with a 6.08 inch monochrome LCD of 2K HD resolution and only takes 2 seconds per layer exposure to cure resin, which could significantly enhance your printing efficiency. Mono LCD has a much longer lifespan and stable performance during long term printing, thus saves your cost.
- 【Outstanding prints and ultra accuracy】Brand new light source structure provides more even UV light emission and working together with 2K mono LCD, the printing details and precision are greatly improved and the 3D printed models are fascinating.
- 【Sturdy build quality】CNC machined aluminum body makes Mars 2 Pro a very formidable machine. Newly-designed sandblasted build plate has a much stronger adherence during printing and enables consistent printing success. Built-in active carbon could absorb the fume of resin and offer you a refreshing printing experience.
- 【Multi language interface】Mars 2 Pro now supports 12 kinds of languages so customers across the world could operate the 3D printer more conveniently without barriers. The newly added 10 languages are Japanese, Dutch, Korean, French, German, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Turkish and Portuguese.
- 【Warranty and Service】We provide a 1-year warranty on the whole printer and 6-month warranty for the 2K LCD (FEP film is excluded). Mars 2 Pro comes with 2 extra FEP films for you to replace the original one if needed.
The 3D printer is a new type of small-sized UV LED dry ink printer that is developed and designed by LEGO. With easy-to-use software and excellent printing effects, it can print out the colorful models you want. The light source structure on this new printer is upgraded by adding more lights and changing the positioning of airflow technology, which makes MSLA-MARS 2 printing effects even better, especially for the details in the printed models, with even thickness and glossy appearance.
4. ANYCUBIC Photon Mono 3D Printer
- FAST PRINTING:3D printer photon mono is compatible with the latest Anycubic slicing software, and has more powerful functions. It supports up to 8 times anti-aliasing. The printing speed is Max 50mm/h, which is ~2.5 times faster than ANYCUBIC photon.
- Z-AXIS DUAL LINEAR SLIDE: The LCD 3D printer photon mono's dual Z-axis slide avoids the movement of the platform during the printing process, improves the stability of the Z axis, eliminates the stripes in the final printing, and produces a smooth surface and fine texture.
- ACCURACY AND 2K HIGH RESOLUTION: Photon mono is equipped with a 2K black and white screen, which can be quickly cured by matrix ultraviolet light to provide accurate printing results,the light transmittance is high, and the screen life is up to 2000 hours.
- ANTI-UV LIGHT TRANSPARENT COVER DESIGN: Photon mono adopts one-piece transparent cover, the structure is stable,the bidirectional UV light resistance,you can clearly see the printing process, while still blocking 99.95% of the UV light.
- MORE FUNCTIONS: 1. Quiet printing: does not affect work and sleep; 2. One-piece release film: Eliminate the cumbersome steps of replacing the release film, and replace it quickly; 3. Door opening detection switch: The machine can be set to stop working immediately after opening the cover, design carefully, and use the lock icon to lock it safely.
The Photon Mono 3D printer features a large acrylic cover that can be used as a workbench, and supports up to 5 kg of materials. It comes with a cleaning brush, and the control box features an LCD liquid crystal display screen with passcode protection. The height of the bed can be adjusted by 25 mm in increments of 0.1 mm, while it also has the ability to print freehand in only a single direction. With simple operations and easy maintenance, you can use this machine to print numerous prototypes quickly and efficiently.
5. R QIDI TECHNOLOGY i Mates 3D Printer
- Excellent industrial design, high-end manufacturing, it can be used out of the box. We adhere to high-standard production, strict process requirements, full mold design of the whole 3d printer,it is safer. Both closed printing and ventilated printing can be done on this 3d printer .When printing ABS and other filament which need to be closed printing, the printing effect is better. Really out of the box, open the package, take out the complete 3d printer directly without any tedious assembly.
- Outstanding industrial structure. QIDI Technology has always adhered to the use of high-end industrial-grade FDM structure. The imates' printing principle is different from theDIY structure. When printing large models, it is more stable and more accurate! The print size is 260×200×200mm, which can basically meet the daily printing needs
- Unique extruder.The i mates 3d printer will be equipped with one set of 0.4 mm extruder and one set of 0.2mm hotend.
- Excellent user experience, large UI interface.The imates equipped with self-developed QIDI slicing software, two modes can be selected: normal mode and expert mode. The normal mode is suitable for novices, the parameter system has been intelligently set, no other operations are required, it is very simple. Expert mode is suitable for experienced users, who can deeply participate in modifying parameters and personalized printing models.
The R QIDI TECHNOLOGY I Mates 3D Printer comes with an all-metal hot end and a powerful extruder drive block that offers a stable printing performance. It is versatile on both ABS and PLA plastics, which are also commonly found on desktops. Besides, its compact exterior design allows it to fit seamlessly into tight spaces. For smooth movements during printing, its 9-point belt-driven XYZ axis offers no resistance when in operation, hence allowing you to relax as you take care of your cake without worrying about how it turns out the next morning.
6. Comgrow Official Creality Ender 3 3D Printer
- Resume Printing Function: Ender 3 has the ability to resume printing even after a power outage or lapse occurs.
- Easy and Qucik Assembly: It comes with several assembled parts, you only need about 2 hours to assemble 20 nuts well.
- Advanced Extruder Technology: Upgraded extruder greatly reduces plugging risk and bad extrustion; V-shape with POM wheels make it move noiseless, smoothly and durable.
- Safety Protected Power Supply: Only needs 5 minutes for hot bed to reach 110 degree.
- Strict Test: Strict testing for key components before delivery and life-time technical supports available.
The Comgrow Original Creality Ender 3 is an affordable, high-quality desktop 3D printer. It can print in many filaments such as PLA, ABS, HIPS, PC, and more. With a heated base and enclosure, you can use it to create high-quality models and prototypes with ease. This 3D printer has many features that make creating easier than ever and it comes fully assembled with minimal setup required.
7. FlashForge Adventurer 3 3D Printer
- Leveling Free – Build plate is well leveled in the factory.Removable and Heating bed,much easier to take down models.It's suitable for various 3d printer filament PLA,ABS,PETG filament etc
- New Quick Detachable Nozzle – loading more smoothly with new nozzle and more compatible with third-party filaments. Remove the nozzle from extruder just in one push; Stainless steel tube material; Nozzle fast heated to 240°C in 50 seconds.If you need to print high-temperature filaments, you could install a 0.3, 0.4, 0.6mm 265℃ nozzle
- Filament detection function – Printing will be suspended automatically when filament is broken or used up, and printing will be resumed after user replaces the new filament
- Out of the box – Best 3d printers for beginners,super quiet,the sound of operation is 50 decibels. A fun STEAM educational experience in mechanical engineering and electronics
- What you get – Flashforge 3d printer Adventurer 3,12 months warranty, lifetime technical assistance and 24 hours professional customer service
The FlashForge Creator Adventurer 3D Printer is perfect for new users and hobbyists looking to enter the fascinating world of 3D printing. It features a durable, lightweight, and portable design to allow you to print anytime, anywhere. It comes fully assembled, with auto-leveling, auto-calibration, and one-button smart support removal that ensures you’ll have minimal downtime and less frustration when printing. This affordable machine can be used right out of the box; just add your favorite filaments and start crafting.
8. ANYCUBIC Wash and Cure Station
- Newest Upgraded and More Convenient: Newest Wash and Cure machine added lens to UV lamp beads, the light source intensity distribution is more uniform, and the surface of the model is smoother. With the 360° automatic rotating curing table and added bottom reflector, the bottom curing has no dead ends, so that the entire model is cured more thoroughly
- 2-In-1 Wash and Cure Station: Dual functions of cleaning and curing can not only remove most of the chemicals, settle scrubbing and mess issues, but also seriously streamline the whole post-processing. It's a professional solution to the messy clean up job of your fabulous prints and also helps reduce the clutter on your desk. 1-60min time adjustable, customize knob cleaning and curing time. Each layer of the 3D printer model can be better cleaned and cured according to your DIY needs
- Widely Compatibility: The ANYCUBIC wash and cure machine is a great addition to most type of regular resin printer, Compatible with most LCD/DLP/SLA 3D printers such as QIDI Shadow, NOVA, Mars series and other regular resin printers with similar build volume size as it does for photon series, this Wash & Cure machine has opened up a whole new world of 3d printing for you and greatly enhance your workflow
- Effective and Diverse Washing Modes: There is a propeller in the bottom of wash cure station, when work, it spins the solution like a little tornado and changes spin direction halfway through the wash , which creates the perfect flow to clean every inch of the print. 2 modes of Cleaning: 1. Basket washing, Remove the model and put it into the basket for direct cleaning; 2. Suspension washing, Directly hang the print platform on the basket or cleaning stand to clean, reducing exposure to resin
- Anti-UV Light Hood: The transparent cover of this wash cure machine can block up to 99.95% of ultraviolet rays with a wavelength of 405nm, thus able to be effective in high resin solidification rate; and this wash and curing box adopts sealed cleaning, which effectively prevents the cleaning agent from splashing and volatilization, and provides more safety.
Driving the trend for people to upgrade their equipment, Wash and Cure Station is the latest addition to the ANYCUBIC family! Consisting of both a wash and a cure machine, this all-in-one solution provides a cost-effective solution to clean resin casts. Wash Station can clean your cast parts gently with 2L (0.53 gallon)/min flow rate and pH neutral detergent so that you don’t need to spend too much time cleaning them, meanwhile it won’t leave any residue or scratch on your model, after that Cure Station will dry up any excess water on your model automatically and let you apply your paint job quickly!
9. Creality HALOT-ONE Resin 3D Printer
Creality’s HALOT-ONE is a laser 3D printer that can create models with ultra-high precision. Equipped with the absolute advantages of high precision, high uniformity, and high saturation. What the traditional printers with directional matrix light sources are unable to achieve. Creality HALOT-ONE helps you save 60% time and money, improving efficiency by 20 times compared to traditional plastic injection molding, printing any shapes of models with large size and exceptional quality from one simple operation.
10. Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K LCD Resin 3D Printer
- 【Ultra 4K Printing Precision】 3840 x 2160 Ultra-high-definition With 4K resolution, Sonic Mini 4K prints out all your models at 35µm with 722 PPI, the highest PPI ever! 3D printing enthusiasts are empowered to print out extremely detailed miniatures and small tabletops with the highest precision level. Sonic Mini 4K is also the ideal choice for jewelry makers to create intricate jewelry pieces. Sonic Mini 4K gives a boost to all the creators out there.
- 【Mono-LCD Screen】Sonic Mini 4K has a 6.1" Monochrome LCD screen, which allows the 3D printer to print up to 4 times faster than traditional 3D printers. Rapid prototyping greatly improves printing efficiency and increases efficiency by printing out each layer in only two seconds. In addition, each Phrozen 3D printer LCD is guaranteed to have 2000 working hours while a free 3-month warranty is also offered.
- 【Ample Printing Volume】 Just because you’re printing all your models with ultra-high-resolution, doesn’t mean that the size of your prints has to be sacrificed. Sonic Mini 4K has a decent chamber size of 5.2" x 2.9" x 5.1", which provides you with sufficient area to print out most 3D models. Sonic Mini 4K is also compact & lightweight, easy to store, and fits in a variety of different settings for both personal or professional uses.
- 【Multi-Resin Compatibility】Sonic Mini 4K is compatible with the majority of 3D printing resin on the market. For the ideal printing experience, we strongly recommend using Phrozen Aqua-Gray 4K resin & Water-Washable resins. The resin profile and printing settings are all available on Phrozen’s official website, empowering anyone new to 3D printing to make models like a pro.
- 【User Satisfaction Guaranteed】 Phrozen provides a one-year warranty on all 3D printers (excluding consumable parts such as LCD screen & FEP film) as well as lifetime technical support. Replacements like FEP films or other parts & accessories can readily be found on Phrozen’s Amazon store at cheap prices. FAQs & printing tips are also easily accessible on our Facebook groups and official website. If you encounter any problems, please feel free to contact us.
Welcome to the world of affordable and reliable 3D printers! Phrozen is one of the most famous companies that manufactures and distributes 3D printers. We have researched and conducted surveys on users’ feedback regarding 3D printers and have taken numerous factors into consideration. After about a year since we first began to distribute our products, it has already been done. This month we are glad to introduce you to our new product, Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K LCD Resin 3D Printer, which features a 6.1″ LCD screen, increased printing speed of up to four times faster than traditional printers, 180-degree adjustable screen angle, updated print head that helps reduce errors up to 60% while improving accuracy.
Things To Consider When Purchasing Dental Intraoral Scanners
3D scanning technologies have significantly changed dental workflows over the last decade due to their rapid adoption and development.
The proliferation of 3D scanning, new findings, and easier integration are all improving clinical outcomes and making the process easier for patients and doctors.
For those looking for their first camera or even their next camera in 2022, the following top qualities should be taken into consideration. Your time and money could be saved.
The following are the items on the list:
Purchasing technology is undoubtedly a critical decision. It should not be taken lightly. Customer support makes or breaks a project.
The first step is to define support. Support is encompassing training, education, and assistance when needed. As part of support, the end-user is ultimately responsible for maximizing the value of the product to ensure that they reach their desired outcomes.
You should contact the distributor for support, so keep that in mind.
When you contact the team, are they responsive? Are they following up? Is the team capable of fixing problems? Have they been trained to use the camera in a clinical setting? On what platform do they train? Are continuing education classes offered? How motivated are they to help you?
It is important to consider all of these questions first.
Software is today’s catalyst for change. This is a key component of every intraoral scanner created by the engineering team.
The software can be assessed based on the user interface, lab connectivity, accessibility to third-party software, and compatibility with upgrades.
A product website’s videos and description is the best place to find out this information. You can also contact the teams for short demos so you can see how the software works.
The software design will greatly affect the learning curve and ease of use of the software.
Is the camera able to scan for anything? Does it have a single purpose or can it be used for multiple kinds of cases?
There are some cameras designed to capture specific information, while others can capture nearly anything.
Investigate this thoroughly. If you would like to learn more, you can ask your question on a doctor’s social media group where everyone can respond with their feedback and experiences with intraoral scanners.
Ultimately, price is the most important factor.
Doctors are taught to judge products according to their price to performance ratio. Is the value of the product greater than its price?
In the world of technology, the main purpose is to make money or save money. This is also applicable when you’re looking for an intraoral scanner.
Typically, doctors should consider the cost in the context of 5 years since the camera is used for more than 5 years before it needs to be replaced.
Analyze the 5 year cost of the camera against your current chairside and lab expenses (do not forget retakes, adjustments, and chair time to make your calculations clear).
Have you ever bought a product that claimed to do one thing but in actuality did something else? Of course you have.
Documentation of the products they support in a clinical environment is of utmost importance to the distributor or manufacturer. You get bonus points if you can find multiple live cases such as crowns, implants, partials, or full arches.
It is 2022; all cameras can capture images of stone models very well. In vitro studies have shown that not all cameras can image a live patient with the same speed or with the same precision as in vivo studies. Before investing capital, make sure you know that.
In order to determine whether the camera is real, clinical documentation is necessary.
A one-year manufacturer warranty is the industry standard for technology purchases. A defective product that cannot be fixed remotely will be verified by the distributor and manufacturer, and an RMA will be issued.
The key thing to consider when purchasing a warranty: can it be extended? Can you add the camera later or must you purchase it at the time of purchase? Do you get a warranty? What are the challenges and time involved in the warranty process? Are you sent a new camera or do they take the old one back for repair? Is there a loaner camera if your camera breaks down?
Collect this information all at once.
Do not forget to keep it simple. Your camera’s size will significantly affect the way you use it.
While it might seem counterintuitive, a camera that is too small will not allow you to accomplish your goal of blocking the patient’s cheeks and tongue from the line of sight as you capture images.
In contrast, if you purchase a large camera, your hands will be sore by the end of the day. Due to user fatigue, large cameras have trouble capturing a full arch. A large camera also has a hard time reaching the patient’s second molar.
The end result of this is that users are frustrated with super small cameras while patients are uncomfortable with very large cameras.
Consider shadowing a nearby colleague who uses digital impressions so you can get a feel for the camera.
Open Source Files
Dentists are passionate about open system technology, and they should be. Participating in an open-source environment has numerous advantages.
Files such as STL, OBJ, and PLY should be searched for. It is possible to freely export and import these three universal files to and from the camera without any fees or restrictions. You should find out which design software your production partners use and what file formats they prefer.
You should only consider open system technology if you wish to keep your options open now and in the future. Many doctors in the past have invested a lot of money on closed-system technology, only to discover later they can’t integrate and connect the pieces when they add mills, cone beams, 3D printers, or other software. The net result is a much greater financial burden.
Make sure you avoid these mistakes so that you don’t have to deal with them later.
The quality of a digital x-ray or CBCT is just as important. Your designers are probably most concerned about this aspect when sending their 3D models to labs.
While everyone scans with a different level of confidence, the resolution of the image depends on the projector and the number of cameras within the scanner, in addition to the software filters. All of these contribute to producing the final model that will be used for final production.
Fortunately, the quality of an image can be checked easily. A distributor will usually have digital models available or you can find examples online.
Computers are connected to all intraoral scanners.
Maintaining modular and flexible hardware enables low-cost replacement, repair, and troubleshooting when necessary.
You should steer clear of proprietary computers since they can be more difficult to troubleshoot, upgrade, install new drivers, or work through warranty/repair processes.
For the purchase of computer hardware for the intraoral scanner, we recommend retrieving the manufacturer’s specifications and shopping for either laptops or desktop computers depending on your setup.
You will be charged monthly, annually, for upgrades, exports, and subscriptions. Be careful.
When you add them up, especially when you calculate the cost of ownership over five years, it adds up.
A majority of digital dental manufacturers are outsourcing new software development, which is why they have to pass those expensive costs on to their clients as an ongoing fee to keep their R&D pipelines full.
It is not always the case with distributors or manufacturers, but when shopping and researching it is important to find out what the ongoing costs are as well as what will happen if you do not pay.
We recommend staying away from cameras that charge ongoing fees.
This advice is good if you can find dentists and specialists who use the product and get consistent results.
Users should be helpful, responsive, and encouraging. Several groups create Facebook pages, or even private discussion boards, where members can freely share ideas, questions, and clinical content. When you’re just getting started in the digital world, this can be extremely valuable.
Make sure to Google, Facebook, and YouTube to find user groups around the web.
In summary, intraoral scanning technology allows patients and dentists to communicate more effectively with one another. Having your impression materials and workflows scanned will make you forget how messy they were and how slow/expensive it was to work with them previously.
However, you should shop smart and choose the right camera for your needs.
When you purchase dental intraoral scanners, pay attention to the top 12 things to consider.
Please share this article with your peers or follow CAD-Ray on Facebook for more stories like this one.
To sum up, with all the things to consider before buying a 3D printer for your dental office, the Anycubic Photon is the best 3D printer among others reviewed. Its price is cheap and it has excellent printing speed. It also scores high in terms of durability and design as well.