As a dental student, you are used to carrying a heavy load between classes, the library, the clinic, and the cafeteria. You still have an assignment to write or any other activity that requires your laptop. You probably wonder the best way to make life easier when it comes to carrying your best laptop for dental School along with everything else.
Our 5 Favorite Laptop For Dental School
Best Laptop For Dental School Reviews:
1. 2020 Apple MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Chip
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
- 8-core GPU with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
With the Apple-designed M1 chip, you’ll experience a giant leap forward in CPU and graphics performance while still using the same OS as before. You can also experience faster, more stable frame rates in graphically demanding apps and games.
Go farther between charges. The new Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar has up to 20 hours of battery life and is packed with innovative features like the Touch Bar, a higher-resolution Retina display, the latest processors, and more. It’s just as powerful as it is portable. This update contains bug fixes, improved stability, and reliability improvements.
Take on the day with 8th Gen Intel Core processors and the performance to power through any challenge. With the 2 most powerful notebook GPUs.
Superfast storage from flash and super-sized processing power in a slim, portable Mac.
2. Dell XPS 13″ InfinityEdge Touchscreen Laptop
- 13.3" Touchscreen InfinityEdge Full HD (1920 x 1080) Display, Intel UHD Graphics
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10210U Processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- 2x Thunderbolt 3 with PowerDelivery & Display Port, 1x USB-C 3.1, 1x MicroSD Card Reader
- Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint Reader, Stereo Speakers with MaxxAudio Pro
- Windows 10 Home 64bit
The Dell XPS13 Touchscreen laptop is almost impossibly thin and light. Yet it’s packed with power, including the fast Intel® processors you’ve come to expect from Dell. The XPS13 is meticulously crafted to be finished elegantly right down to the smallest details.
You’ll get all the power you need for multi-tasking with the Dell XPS 7390 2-in-1 laptop. It has a generous 13.3″ touch display with InfinityEdge, which maximizes viewing space so you can see more of what matters. The powerful 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor boosts speed, and 8GB RAM provides superior performance. Its 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD gives you plenty of storage space to play games, store videos and photos, and work on projects while connected to Wi-Fi or on the go. This modern laptop also offers a USB Type-C port that makes connecting your devices quick and easy.
3. HP Chromebook x360 14-inch HD Touchscreen Laptop
- The performance you'll applaud. The entertainment you'll love: versatile Chromebook packed with performance features you want and long battery life so you can play, chat and create longer
- Thin and light with four versatile modes: easily convert from laptop mode to tablet, stand or tent mode for notetaking, drawing and other daily activities that feel as natural as pen on paper
- Google play store: the millions of Android apps you know and love on your phone and tablet can now run on your chrome device without compromising their speed, simplicity or security
- Processor: intel(r) celeron(r) N4000, Dual-Core, 1.1 GHz Base frequency, up to 2.6 GHz burst frequency
- Display: 14.0-Inch diagonal HD SVA micro-edge WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass touchscreen (1366 x 768)
The HP Chromebook x360 is perfect for anyone who wants a versatile laptop with enough power to keep up with your entertainment needs. Designed with some of the thinnest bezels on the market, its Full HD IPS display delivers crisp images and great color throughout the 360° viewing angle. The speakers deliver rich bass tones, so you can enjoy a movie or play games without headphones. And at just 0.75″ and 3.31 lb., it’s built to be slim and portable while offering a long battery life—to give you more time to do what you love.
This laptop redefines your expectations of power and portability. With the freedom to work anywhere, you can surf, shop, play, and do more of what you love from anywhere—it’s as close as your fingertips.
4. LG Gram 17Z90P Laptop
- 17" WQXGA (2560x1600) IPS LCD, with DCI-P3 99% color expression
- Intel Evo Platform Powered by 11th generation Intel core i7-1165G7 Processor with Intel Xe Graphics delivers performance for high-resolution content creation and editing
- 16GB LPDDR4X 4266mhz RAM delivers a high level of performance for memory-intensive content creation, designing, editing, and multitasking
- Improve productivity with 1TB PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD for dependable storage accessible in a flash
- Connect with Confidence: Two USB-C ports with Thunderbolt 4 support, two USB-A 3.2 ports, a full-size HDMI port, a microSD card reader, and a 3.5mm audio jack
The LG Gram 17Z90P Laptop features the Intel Evo Platform and powerful 11th generation Intel Core i7 processor with Intel Xe graphics, delivering high-performance for high-resolution content creation and editing. The LG Gram laptop is designed from the inside out to deliver the best laptop experience possible.
Browse the web, stream video, and create content with ease from this state-of-the-art laptop. The LG Gram 17Z90P delivers a high level of performance for memory-intensive content creation, designing, editing, and multitasking. A powerful 6th Generation Intel Core i5 processor and 16GB LPDDR4X 4266mhz RAM means you can multitask with ease and efficiency.
5. HP Spectre x360
- Newly Launched HP Spectre x360 13T Cutting Edge GEM CUT Design - 10TH GENERATION QUAD CORE CPU: Intel Core i7-1065G7 (1.3 GHz, up to 3.9 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores) four-way processing 1.30 GHz to 3.9 GHz with 8 MB SmartCache, high-efficiency performance with Intel Turbo Boost Technology WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT PRE INSTALLED BY HP, NEW Features - Web Cam Kill Switch, Mic Mute Key, Fingerprint reader
- UNMATCHED AUDIO PERFORMANCE with QUAD Bang & Olufsen speakers: The partnership between Bang & Olufsen and HP brings premium sound to your personal computing device. With HP Quad Speakers, HP Audio Boost, and custom tuning by the experts at Bang & Olufsen, entertainment comes to life with sound you can feel.
- SUPERIOR SPEED and NETWORKING: Fast Data Access with 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5 Combo. Security management Mic Mute key; Webcam kill switch, 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (HP Sleep and Charge); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C with Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gb/s signaling rate, Power Delivery 3.0, DisplayPort 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge)
- IMPRESSIVE HD PANEL with HD Active Stylus Pen and Thunderbolt Support: Experience exceptional colors and clarity with 13.3" Full HD touch screen (Resolution: 1920 x 1080) for hands-on control and IPS technology for wide viewing angles. 13.3" diagonal FHD IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit touch screen with NBT, HP Active Stylus Pen, USB-C port, Thunderbolt support & SD card reader, HD IR Webcam
- 16GB SDRAM(ONBAORD), Bang & Olufsen Quad Speakers, HP Audio Boost, Fingerprint Reader, ALSO includes a Super Sleek, Super cool, 64GB ULTRA SLIM Tech Warehouse LLC USB Flash drive. A speedy little performer with a great look! Please see picture illustrations for more information
HP Spectre x360 – 10th Generation Intel Quad-Core i7 processor delivers extra performance when you need it and quality you can count on. Windows 10 Home (64-bit) is so familiar and easy to use, it’s like an extension of yourself. 4K UltraHD resolution for a crisp, detailed picture. The slim and lightweight touchscreen laptop weighs just 2.8 pounds, making it easy to go with you anywhere. With built-in facial recognition technology, the included IR camera lets you log in to your Windows device by looking at the touch of your face.
This laptop is extremely powerful and rather lightweight considering the power it has. I was able to play most of the latest video games on full graphics with little difficulty. The fingerprint key is quite awesome and makes you feel like a super spy. Overall, highly recommended if you want a quick computer that looks great and won’t break the bank.
6. (Renewed) Apple MacBook Pro
- 13.3-inch IPS Retina Display, 2560-by-1600 resolution / Intel Iris Graphics 6100
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com.
- (FROM) 8 GB 1866 MHz LPDDR3 RAM / 512 GB Solid State Drive (TO) 8 GB 1866 MHz LPDDR3 RAM / 256GB Solid State Drive
- Fresh installation of MacOS 10.12 Sierra / 85W-2 MagSafe Adapter
- 2.7 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
The new MacBook Pro features a meticulously crafted design, state-of-the-art processors, high-performance graphics, faster flash storage, next-generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0, and two Thunderbolt 2 ports that deliver up to 20Gbps of bandwidth to each external device. The new Force Touch trackpad is significantly larger than before, and the keyboard has been redesigned to include our new Apple-designed butterfly mechanism. The revolutionary Retina display features greater detail and an innovative anti-reflective coating that eliminates glare and makes it easier to see your screen in any lighting conditions—even direct sunlight.
7. Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- Next gen, best in class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than surface pro 6, with a 10th gen intel core processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer. Display Resolution - 2736 x 1824 (267 PPI)
- More ways to connect, with both USB c and USB a ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down — ultra slim and light surface pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds
- All day battery life up to 10.5 hours, plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80 percent in just over an hour
The Microsoft Surface Pro is thin, light, and powerful enough to get the job done, yet designed for the way you live. From the large 12.3” PixelSense Display to a front and rear-facing camera, you can be clear about what matters most. Go from designing in 3D modeling software to watching Netflix on your lunch break with Skype for Business integration. With Intel Core i7 processors, up to 1TB storage, and 16GB RAM, it doesn’t matter how big your workload is.
8. ASUS Chromebook Flip C434
- 14 inch Touchscreen FHD 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge display featuring ultra-narrow bezels (5mm thin) around each side of the display that allows for a 14 inch screen to fit in the body of a 13inch laptop footprint.
- The FHD display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to tent, stand, and tablet mode.
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance. If you use a ton of tabs or run lots of apps, this has the power to get it all done with ease.
- 4GB DDR3 RAM; 64GB eMMC storage and 2x USB Type-C (Gen 1) and 1s Type-A (Gen 1) ports plus a super bright backlit keyboard.
- The lightweight (3lbs) all-aluminum metal body makes the C434 both durable and beautiful for a timeless look that will never go out of style.
This Asus Chromebook Flip offers an amazing touchscreen display in a compact form factor that weighs three pounds and offers up to 10 hours of battery life. It’s ultra-light, thin, and a breeze to carry. With its quad-core processor and 4GB of RAM, you can enjoy video streaming without lagging or buffering. When you are on the go, it is lightweight and sturdy with an aluminum finish design that easily fits into your bag. The ASUS Chromebook Flip C434 is the best of both worlds: touch functionality, long battery life, and portability along with full functionality. This model features a 1366 x 768 non-touch panel display offering 72 percent more pixels than standard 1366 x 768-panel displays.
9. HP Pavilion x360
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 mobile processor 1.0GHz (with Max Turbo Speed of 3.6GHz);Ultra-low-voltage platform. Quad-core, eight-way processing provides maximum high-efficiency power to go. Intel Turbo Boost Technology delivers dynamic extra power when you need it.
- Beautiful 14" Full HD multitouch screen:The 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. Touch, tap, glide and make the most of Windows 10. IPS technology for wide viewing angles. Energy-efficient WLED backlight.
- 8GB DDR4 Memory for full-power multitasking; 256GB PCIe SSD + 16GB Optane Solid State Drive (PCI-e) Save files fast and store more data. With massive amounts of storage and advanced communication power, PCI-e SSDs are great for major gaming applications, multiple servers, daily backups, and more. Get up to 15x faster performance than a traditional hard drive.
- 802.11ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth, 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (Data Transfer Only); 1 AC smart pin; 1 HDMI 1.4; 1 headphone/microphone combo
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit English brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen.
The HP Pavilion x360 is all you need in a laptop. It’s beautifully thin, lightweight, and stylish with an amazing 14″ display. The brilliant HD screen brings your photos, movies, and games to life. Versatile and reliable, it has the power and speed you need with the latest Intel® Core™ processor. And it’s packed with great features that make using your computer more comfortable, like a full-size keyboard and mouse.
10. SAMSUNG XE350XBA-K01US Chromebook
- Large and immersive 15.6” display in a compact frame
- Military-grade durability
- Ultra-fast connectivity with Gigabit Wi-Fi
- Advanced security with multiple layers of built-in virus protection
- 10.5 hours of battery life
The Samsung Chromebook is here. And its screen is simply massive – the largest screen on any Chromebook in history. The 15.6” display is bright, crisp, and clear and covers a wide viewing angle so everyone can get in on the action. It’s also incredibly portable. Despite its tall display, the Samsung Chromebook weighs only three pounds, so you’ll barely notice that it’s there when you sling it over your shoulder on your way to class or lectures.
Stay safer on the web from both threats outside and in with innovation that keeps you protected anytime, anywhere. Our Chromebook features multiple layers of built-in security from sandboxing to automatic updates. Get easy, convenient access to your favorite sites, videos, games, and apps no matter where you are—on the couch or in class.
What are the essential features to consider when buying a laptop for a medical student?
Before purchasing a laptop, a medical student should consider a properly designed backlit keyboard and high-resolution display. This should be taken into account, as while working continuously, you should experience a comfortable typing experience with minimal stress on your eyes.
Along with that, one should buy a laptop with sufficient storage capacity, an improved processor for multitasking, lightweight, and also a good-performing battery.
Is it important that the laptop is low weight?
Medical students must carry their laptops constantly while practicing. A heavy laptop will be a burden for the student, as it is difficult to carry it on a daily basis. Therefore, the buyer should focus on lightweight in addition to up-to-date resources and capabilities.
Which processor is suitable for a medical student?
As a medical student, you are not forced to perform heavily burdened tasks as an Engineer would need. Instead, they have to write, read or edit medical reports, analyze data reports, watch tutorials, and more. Therefore, a Core i5 processor with 7th or 8th generation is suitable for a medical student.
In addition, higher-generation processors, such as i7 or i8, are priced high and consume more battery power, decreasing battery life.
For a medical student, can a tablet meet the requirements?
Working with a tablet may not meet your screen and resolution requirements. You may need to watch the screen for many hours, and a small screen can cause eyestrain. Therefore, for better vision and graphics, we recommend the laptop.
Also, if the buyer wants to buy a tablet, it is best to opt for a convertible laptop, which can be used as a tablet or laptop.
What is the difference between DDR and SSD?
DDR (Double Data Rate) is a type of RAM that facilitates fast data transfer, while SSD is a solid-state drive. When buying a laptop, we should prefer an SSD instead of a DDR. This is because SSD is faster, more reliable, and consumes less battery power.
What should a laptop have for medical students?
We are looking for a product that is not obsolete before finishing the degree, so we should take into consideration the following requirements:
Our priority is to find a screen of at least 1920 × 1080 (1080p or Full HD), to be able to write papers and investigate without a problem. Higher resolutions are perfect for photo and video editing (2560×1440 QHD or 3840×2160 UHD), but these tend to consume a lot of battery and increase the price. Touchscreens add tablet functionality to the laptop but consume a lot of power and make the battery last 10 to 25 percent less, so we recommend not choosing a touch screen unless necessary.
If we want a computer with the great performance today and in the future, we recommend choosing an Intel Core i5 or i7 processor. If our budget is reduced, we recommend choosing a Core i3, Pentium, or Celeron processor that will be enough to carry out work or an Intel Core M with decent performance.
4 GB is the minimum we need, 8 GB of RAM is ideal. That will keep the computer flowing without interruptions while we use multiple applications.
Since the rest of the hard drives available for laptops are usually larger, slower, and noisier, the best option for a laptop hard drive is a solid-state drive (SSD). SSD hard drives are faster, but more expensive, and offer less capacity. You should have enough space to work for a school year if your hard drive is between 128 and 256 GB. Having more space is always beneficial, especially for storing high-quality pictures and videos.
USB-C seems to be the future, but there are still many devices that use USB type A. We recommend choosing a laptop that has both ports and multiple USB ports, to save us carrying adapters or USB UBS.
Choose the operating system
It is important to check with the university about the software requirements. Sometimes schools ask us for a specific type of software or operating system to ensure the fulfillment of future jobs. Windows 10 is the most popular and versatile operating system, with thousands of applications, and offers the Cortana assistant for searching. Apple macOS has improved its integration with the iPhone and its Siri digital assistant. And although Windows 10 is the platform with the most programs, there are certain applications that are exclusive for Mac, such as some for a photo, video, and animation editing. Chromebooks, while offering limited software options, can be the ideal choice for buyers on very tight budgets who can work with all documents on the Internet.
Laptop battery life is usually specified as an estimate, but there are several variables that influence it. These include the screen brightness, its resolution, and the number of applications running at any given time. The battery of our smartphone will be quickly depleted if we use our processor a lot, watch a lot of videos on YouTube or Netflix, or if we transfer a great deal of data via the Internet. Batteries are measured in watt-hours or milliamperes per hour. Longer battery life means higher numbers. We should be able to get the best results with a 44-50Wh battery.
For long hours typing, we should think about looking for a comfortable keyboard. We recommend looking for a full keyboard with space for the arrow keys, which are backlit and respond well to keystrokes. The backlighting helps us to be able to type more easily in places with little light.
FAQ’s: Best Laptop For Dental School
1. Do you need a good computer for dental school?
In order to complete four-year and Advanced Standing programs, pre-doctoral students must own a laptop. Students at the Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine have access to educational materials on laptop computers, as well as PC-based dental software applications that enhance their education.
2. Is the iPad good for dental students?
The iPad is an ideal tool for studying, according to Monica, a third-year dental student. Many exams and quizzes now take place on iPads, using ExamSoft software, which allows students to take notes on the screen, highlight material, and strike out answers they rule out.
3. Which Apple laptop is best for dental students?
The following article reviews two popular Apple laptops that deliver great performance. Its lightweight and portability make it our recommended product. You can store all your important notes on its large SSD storage.
4. What is a good RAM for a dental school laptop?
Depending on your needs, 4GB of RAM is usually a good choice for student laptops. It is also a good idea to consider an 8GB or 16GB model if you like to game. In order to buy the right laptop, you must consider your requirements when it comes to RAM.
There are many laptops or netbooks for Dental students, and all of these laptops are very great at a low price. All of these laptops will be your best choice if you want to buy a laptop for study or the exam.